The Holy Qur'an (Translation) ;

GuLSerbeti

40. The Believer (Al-Mümin)

This chapter has 85 verses.

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

1. Há Mím
2. The revelation of this Book is from Allah, Exalted in Power, Full of Knowledge,-
3. Who forgiveth sin, accepteth repentance, is severe in punishment, and is All- Bountiful. There is no god but He: to Him is the final goal.
4. None can dispute about the Signs of Allah but the Unbelievers. Let not, then, their strutting about through the land deceive thee!
5. But (there were people) before them, who denied (the Signs),- the People of Noah, and the Confederates after them; and every People plotted against their prophet, to seize him, and disputed by means of vanities, therewith to obliterate the Truth; but it was I that seized them! and how (terrible) was My Requital!
6. Thus was the Word of thy Lord proved true against the Unbelievers; that truly they are Companions of the Fire!
7. Those who bear the Throne (of Allah), and those around it Sing Glory and Praise to their Lord; believe in Him; and implore Forgiveness for those who believe: "Our Lord! Thy embracest all things, in Mercy and Knowledge. Forgive, then, those who turn in Repentance, and follow Thy Path; and preserve them from the Chastisement of the Blazing Fire!
8. "And grant, our Lord! that they enter the Gardens of Eternity, which Thou hast promised to them, and to the righteous among their fathers, their wives, and their posterity! For Thou art (He), the Exalted in Might, Full of Wisdom.
9. "And preserve them from (all) ills; and any whom Thou dost preserve from ills that Day,- on them wilt Thou have bestowed Mercy indeed: and that will be truly the highest Achievement".
10. The Unbelievers will be addressed: "Greater was the aversion of Allah to you than (is) your aversion to yourselves, seeing that ye were called to the Faith and ye used to refuse."
11. They will say: "Our Lord! twice hast Thou made us to die, and twice hast Thou given us Life! Now have we recognized our sins: is there any way out (of this)?"
12. (The answer will be: ) "This is because, when Allah was invoked as the Only (object of worship), ye did reject Faith, but when partners were joined to Him, ye believed! the Command is with Allah, Most High, Most Great!"
13. He it is Who showeth you His Signs, and sendeth down sustenance for you from the sky: but only those receive admonition who turn (to Allah).
14. Call ye, then, upon Allah with sincere devotion to Him, even though the Unbelievers may detest it.
15. Exalted is He in His attributes, (He is) the Lord of the Throne: by His Command doth He send the Spirit (of inspiration) to any of His servants He pleases, that it may warn (men) of the Day of Mutual Meeting,-
16. The Day whereon they will (all) come forth: not a single thing concerning them is hidden from Allah. Whose will be the Dominion that Day?" That of Allah, the One the Over powering!
17. That Day will every soul be requited for what it earned; no injustice will there be that Day, for Allah is Swift in taking account.
18. Warn them of the Day that is (ever) drawing near, when the hearts will (come) right up to the throats to choke (them); No intimate friend nor intercessor will the wrong-doers have, who could be listened to.
19. (Allah) knows the treachery of the eyes, and all that the hearts (of men) conceal.
20. And Allah will judge with (justice and) Truth: but those whom (men) invoke besides Him, will not (be in a position) to judge at all. Verily it is Allah (alone) Who hears and sees (all things).
21. Do they not travel through the earth and see what was the End of those before them? They were even superior to them in strength, and in the traces (they have left) in the land: but Allah did call them to account for their sins, and none had they to defend them against Allah.
22. That was because there came to them their messengers with Clear (Signs), but they rejected them: so Allah called them to account: for He is Full of Strength, Strict in Punishment.
23. Of old We sent Moses, with Our Signs and an authority manifest,
24. To Pharaoh, Hámán, and Qárün; but they called (him)" a sorcerer telling lies!"...
25. Now, when he brought them the Truth, from Us, they said, "Slay the sons of those who believe with him, and keep alive their females," but the plots of Unbelievers (end) in nothing but errors (and delusions)! ...
26. Said Pharaoh: "Leave me to slay Moses; and let him call on his Lord! What I fear is lest he should change your religion, or lest he should cause mischief to appear in the land!"
27. Moses said: "I have indeed called upon my Lord and your Lord (for protection) from every arrogant one who believes not in the Day of Account!"
28. A believer, a man from among the people of Pharaoh, who had concealed his faith, said: "Will ye slay a man because he says, 'My Lord is Allah.?- when he has indeed come to you with Clear (Signs) from your Lord? And if he be a liar, on him is (the sin of) his lie: but, if he is telling the Truth, then will fall on you something of the (calamity) of which he warns you: truly Allah guides not one who transgresses and lies!
29. "O my People! Yours is the dominion this day: Ye have the upper hand in the land: but who will help us from the Punishment of Allah, should it befall us?" Pharaoh said: "I but point out to you that which I see (myself); Nor do I guide you but to the Path of Right!"
30. Then said the man who believed: "O my people! Truly I do fear for you something like the Day (of disaster) of the Confederates (in sin)!-
31. "Something like the fate of the People of Noah, the Àd, and the Thamüd, and those who came after them: but Allah never wishes injustice to His Servants.
32. "And O my people! I fear for you a Day when there will be Mutual calling (and wailing),-
33. "A Day when ye shall turn your backs and flee: no defender shall ye have from Allah: any whom Allah leaves to stray, there is none to guide...
34. "And to you there came Joseph in times gone by, with Clear Signs, but ye ceased not to doubt of the (Mission) for which he had come: at length, when he died, ye said: 'No messenger will Allah send after him.' Thus doth Allah leave to stray such as transgress and live in doubt,-
35. "(Such) as dispute about the Signs of Allah, without any authority that hath reached them, very hateful (is such conduct) in the sight of Allah and of the Believers. Thus doth Allah seal up every heart - of arrogant tyrinical."
36. Pharaoh said: "O Hámán! Build me a lofty palace, that I may attain the ways and means-
37. "The ways and means of (reaching) the heavens, and that I may look up to the God of Moses: but surely, I think (Moses) is a liar!" Thus was made alluring, in Pharaoh's eyes, the evil of his deeds, and he was hindered from the Path; and the plot of Pharaoh led to nothing but perdition (for him).
38. The man who believed said further: "O my people! Follow me: I will lead you to the Path of Right.
39. "O my people! This life of the present is nothing but (temporary) enjoyment: it is the Hereafter that is the Home that will last.
40. "He that works evil will not be requited but by the like thereof: and he that works a righteous deed - whether man or woman - and is a Believer- such will enter the Garden (of Bliss): therein will they have abundance without measure.
41. "And O my people! How (strange) it is for me to call you to Salvation while ye call me to the Fire!
42. "Ye do call upon me to blaspheme against Allah, and to join with Him partners of whom I have no knowledge; and I call you to the Exalted in Power, Who forgives again and again!"
43. "Without doubt ye do call me to one who has no claim be called to, whether in this world, or in the Hereafter; our return will be to Allah: and the Transgressors will be Companions of the Fire!
44. "Soon will ye remember what I say to you (now), My (own) affair I commit to Allah: for Allah (ever) watches over His Servants."
45. Then Allah saved him from (every) evil that they plotted (against him), but the burnt of the Chastisement encompassed on all sides the People of Pharaoh.
46. In front of the Fire will they be brought, morning and evening: and (the sentence will be) on the Day when the Hour comes to pass: "Cast ye the People of Pharaoh into the severest Penalty!"
47. Behold, they will dispute with each other in the Fire! The weak ones (who followed) will say to those who had been arrogant, "We but followed you: can ye then take (on yourselves) from us some share of the Fire?
48. Those who had been arrogant will say: "We are all in this (Fire)! Truly, Allah has judged between (His) Servants!"
49. Those in the Fire will say to the Keepers of Hell: "Pray to your Lord to lighten us the Chastisement for a day (at least)!"
50. They will say: "Did there not come to you your messengers with Clear Signs?" They will say, "Yes". They will reply, "Then pray (as ye like)! But the prayer of those without Faith is nothing but (futile wandering) in (mazes of) error!"
51. We will, without doubt, help Our messengers and those who believe, (both) in this world's life and on the Day when the Witnesses will stand forth,-
52. The Day when no profit will it be to Wrong-doers to present their excuses, but they will (only) have the Curse and the Home of Misery.
53. We did aforetime give Moses the Guidance, and We gave the Book in inheritance to the Children of Israel,-
54. A Guide and a Reminder to men of understanding.
55. Patiently, then, persevere: for the Promise of Allah is true: and ask forgiveness for thy fault, and celebrate the Praises of thy Lord in the evening and in the morning.
56. Those who dispute about the Signs of Allah without any authority bestowed on them,- there is nothing in their breasts but (the quest of) greatness, which they shall never attain to: seek refuge, then, in Allah: it is He Who hears and sees (all things).
57. Assuredly the creation of the heavens and the earth is a greater (matter) than the creation of men: Yet most men know not.
58. Not equal are the blind and those who (clearly) see: nor are (equal) those who believe and work deeds of righteousness, and those who do evil. Little do ye learn by admonition!
59. The Hour will certainly come: therein is no doubt: yet most men believe not.
60. And your Lord says: "Call on Me; I will answer your (prayer): but those who are too arrogant to serve Me will surely enter Hell abased!"
61. It is Allah Who has made the Night for you, that ye may rest therein, and the Day to give you light. Verily Allah is full of Grace and Bounty to men: yet most men give no thanks.
62. Such is Allah, your Lord, the Creator of all things, there is no god but He: then how ye are deluded away from the Truth!
63. Thus are deluded those who are wont to reject the Signs of Allah.
64. It is Allah Who has made for you the earth as a resting place, and the sky as a canopy, and has given you shape- and made your shapes beautiful,- and has provided for you Sustenance, of things pure and good;- such is Allah your Lord. So Glory to Allah, the Lord of the Worlds!
65. He is the Living (One): There is no god but He. Call upon Him, giving Him sincere devotion. Praise be to Allah, Lord of the Worlds!
66. Say: "I have been forbidden to invoke those whom ye invoke besides Allah,- seeing that the Clear Sings have come to me from my Lord; and I have been commanded to bow (in Islám) to the Lord of the Worlds."
67. It is He Who has created you from dust then from a sperm-drop, then from a leech-like clot; then does He get you out (into the light) as a child: then lets you (grow and) reach your age of full strength; then lets you become old,- though of you there are some who die before;- and lets you reach a Term appointed; in order that ye may understand.
68. It is He Who gives Life and Death; and when He decides upon an affair, He says to it, "Be", and it is.
69. Seest thou not those that dispute concerning the Sings of Allah? How are they turned away (from Reality)?-
70. Those who reject the Book and the (revelations) with which We sent Our messengers: but soon shall they know,-
71. When the yokes (shall be) round their necks, and the chains; they shall be dragged along-
72. In the boiling fetid fluid: then in the Fire shall they be burned;
73. Then shall it be said to them: "Where are the (deities) to which ye gave part - worship-
74. "Besides Allah?" They will reply: "They have left us in the lurch: Nay, we invoked not, of old, anything (that had real existence)." Thus does Allah leave the Unbelievers to stray.
75. "That was because ye were wont to rejoice on the earth in things other than the Truth, and that ye were wont to be insolent.
76. "Enter ye the gates of Hell, to dwell therein: and evil is (this) abode of the arrogant!"
77. So persevere in patience; for the Promise of Allah is true: and whether We show thee (in this life) some part of what We promise them,- or We take thy soul (to Our Mercy) (before that),-(in any case) it is to Us that they shall (all) return.
78. We did aforetime send messengers before thee: of them there are some whose story We have related to thee, and some whose story We have not related to thee. It was not (possible) for any messenger to bring a sign except by the leave of Allah: but when the Command of Allah issued, the matter was decided in truth and justice, and there perished, there and then, those who stood on Falsehoods.
79. It is Allah Who made cattle for you, that ye may use some for riding and some for food;
80. And there are (other) advantages in them for you (besides); that ye may through them attain to any need (there may be) in your hearts; and on them and on ships ye are carried.
81. And He shows you (always) His Signs: then which of the Signs of Allah will ye deny?
82. Do they not travel through the earth and see what was the End of those before them? They were more numerous than these and superior in strength and in the traces (they have left) in the land: Yet all that they accomplished was of no profit to them.
83. For when their messengers came to them with Clear Signs, they exulted in such knowledge (and skill) as they had; but that very (Wrath) at which they were wont to scoff hemmed them in.
84. But when they saw Our Might, they said: "We believe in Allah,- the One God - and we reject the partners we used to join with Him!"
85. But their professing the Faith when they (actually) saw Our Punishment was not going to profit them. (Such has been) Allah's Way of dealing with His Servants (from the most ancient times). And even thus did the Rejecters of Allah perish (utterly)!

GuLSerbeti

41. Ha-Mim or Fussilat

This chapter has 54 verses.

1. Há Mím:
2. A revelation from the Most Gracious, Most Merciful;-
3. A Book, whereof the verses are explained in detail;- a Qurán in Arabic, for people who understand;-
4. Giving good news and admonition: yet most of them turn away, and so they hear not.
5. They say: "Our hearts are under veils, (concealed) from that to which thou dost invite us, and in our ears in a deafness, and between us and thee is a screen: so do thou (what thou wilt); for us, we shall do (what we will!)"
6. Say thou: "I am but a man like you: it is revealed to me by inspiration, that your God is One God. so take the straight path unto Him, and ask for His Forgiveness." And woe to those who join gods with Allah,-
7. Those who pay Zakat, and who even deny the Hereafter.
8. For those who believe and work deeds of righteousness is a reward that will never fail.
9. Say: Is it that ye deny Him Who created the earth in two Days? And do ye join equals with Him? He is the Lord of (all) the Worlds.
10. He set on the (earth), mountains standing firm, high above it, and bestowed blessings on the earth, and measure therein its sustenance, in four Days, alike for (all) who ask.
11. Then He turned to the sky, and it had been (as) smoke: He said to it and to the earth: "Come ye together, willingly or unwillingly." They said: "We do come (together), in willing obedience."
12. So He completed them as seven firmaments in two Days, and He assigned to each heaven its duty and command. And We adorned the lower heaven with lights, and (provided it) with guard. Such is the Decree of (Him) the Exalted in Might, Full of Knowledge.
13. But if they turn away, say thou: "I have warned you of a thunderbolt like the thunderbolt of the Àd and the Thamüd!"
14. Behold, the messengers came to them, from before them and behind them, (preaching): "Serve none but Allah." They said, "If our Lord had so pleased, He would certainly have sent down angels. So we disbelieve in the message you were sent with."
15. Now the Àd behaved arrogantly through the land, against (all) truth and reason, and said: "Who is superior to us in strength?" What! Did they not see that Allah, Who created them, was superior to them in strength? But they continued to reject Our Signs!
16. So We sent against them a furious Wind through days of disaster, that We might give them a taste of a chastisement of humiliation in this life; but the Penalty of a Hereafter will be more humiliating still: and they will find no help.
17. As to the Thamüd, We gave them Guidance, but they preferred blindness (of heart) to Guidance: so the thunderbolt of the Chastisement of humiliation seized them, because of what they had earned.
18. But We delivered those who believed and practiced righteousness.
19. The Day that the enemies of Allah will be gathered together to the Fire, they will be marched in ranks.
20. At length, when they reach the (Fire), their hearing, their sight, and their skins will bear witness against them, as to (all) their deeds.
21. They will say to their skins: "Why bear ye witness against us?" They will say: "Allah hath given us speech,- (He) Who giveth speech to everything: He created you for the first time, and unto Him were ye to return.
22. "Ye did not seek to hide yourselves, lest your hearing, your sight, and your skins should bear witness against you! But ye did think that Allah knew not many of the things that ye used to do!
23. "But this thought of yours which ye did entertain concerning your Lord, hath brought you to destruction, and (now) have ye become of those utterly lost!"
24. If, then, they have patience, the Fire will be a home for them! and if they beg for pardon, their suit shall not be granted.
25. And We have destined for them intimate companions (of like nature), who made alluring to them what was before them and behind them; and the sentence among the previous generations of Jinns and men, who have passed away, is proved against them; for they are utterly lost.
26. The Unbelievers say: "Listen not to this Qurán, but talk at random in the midst of its (reading), that ye may gain the upper hand!"
27. But We will certainly give the Unbelievers a taste of a severe chastisement, and We will requite them for the worst of their deeds.
28. Such is the requital of the enemies of Allah,- the Fire: therein will be for them the Eternal Home: a (fit) requital, for that they were wont to reject Our Sings.
29. And the Unbelievers will say: "Our Lord! Show us those, among Jinns and men, who misled us: we shall crush them beneath our feet, so that they become the vilest."
30. In the case of those who say, "Our Lord is Allah", and, further, stand straight and steadfast, the angels descend on them (from time to time): "Fear ye not!" (they suggest), "Nor grieve! but receive the Glad Tidings of the Garden (of Bliss), the which ye were promised!
31. "We are your protectors in this life and in the Hereafter: therein shall ye have all that you shall desire; therein shall ye have all that ye ask for!-
32. "A hospitable gift from One Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful!"
33. Who is better in speech than one who calls (men) to Allah, works righteousness, and says, "I am of those who bow in Islám"?
34. Nor can Goodness and Evil be equal. Repel (Evil) with what is better: then will he between whom and thee was hatred become as it were thy friend and intimate!
35. And no one will be granted such goodness except those who exercise patience and self-restraint,- none but persons of the greatest good fortune.
36. And if (at any time) an incitement to discord is made to thee by the Satan, seek refuge in Allah. He is the One Who hears and knows all things.
37. Among His Sings are the Night and the Day, and the Sun and the Moon. prostrate not to the Sun and the Moon, but prostrate to Allah, Who created them, if it is Him ye wish to serve.
38. But is the (Unbelievers) are arrogant, (no matter): for in the presence of thy Lord are those who celebrate His praises by night and by day. And they never flag (nor feel themselves above it).
39. And among His Signs in this: thou seest the earth humble; but when We send down rain to it, it is stirred to life and yields increase. Truly, He Who gives life to the (dead) earth can surely give life to (men) who are dead. For He has power over all things.
40. Those who pervert the Truth in Our Signs are not hidden from Us. Which is better?- he that is cast into the Fire, or he that comes safe through, on the Day of Judgment? Do what ye will: verily He seeth (clearly) all that ye do.
41. Those who reject the Message when it comes to them (are not hidden from Us). And indeed it is a Book of exalted power.
42. No falsehood can approach it from before or behind it: it is sent down by One Full of Wisdom, Worthy of all Praise.
43. Nothing is said to thee that was not said to the messengers before thee: surely thy lord has at His Command (all) Forgiveness as well as a most Grievous Chastisement.
44. Had We sent this as a Qurán (in the language) other than Arabic, they would have said: "Why are not its verses explained in detail? What! a foreign (tongue) and (a Messenger) an Arab?" Say: "It is a Guide and a Healing to those who believe; and for those who believe not, there is a deafness in their ears, and it is blindness in their (eyes): they are (as it were) being called from a place far distant!"
45. We certainly gave Moses the Book aforetime: but disputes arose therein. Had it not been for a Word that went forth before from thy Lord, (their differences) would have been settled between them: but they remained in suspicious disquieting doubt thereon.
46. Whoever works righteousness benefits his own soul; whoever works evil, it is against his own soul: nor is thy Lord ever unjust (in the least) to His servants.
47. To Him is referred the Knowledge of the Hour (of Judgment: He knows all): No fruit comes out of its sheath, nor does a female conceive (within her womb) nor bring forth (young), but by His knowledge. The Day that (Allah) will propound to them the (question), "Where are the partners (ye attributed) to Me?" They will say, "We do assure Thee not one of us can bear witness!"
48. The (deities) they used to invoke aforetime will leave them in the lurch, and they will perceive that they have no way of escape.
49. Man does not weary of asking for good (things), but if ill touches him, he gives up all hope (and) is lost in despair.
50. When We give him a taste of some Mercy from Us, after some adversity has touched him, he is sure to say, "This is due to my (merit): I think not that the Hour (of Judgment) will (ever) be established; but if I am brought back to my Lord, I have (much) good (stored) in His sight!" But We will show the Unbelievers the truth of all that they did, and We shall give them the taste of a severe chastisement.
51. When We bestow favors on man, he turns away, and gets himself remote on his side (instead of coming to Us); and when evil seizes him, (he comes) full of prolonged prayer!
52. Say: "See ye if the (Revelation) is (really) from Allah, and yet do ye reject it? Who is more astray than one who is in a schism far (from any purpose)?"
53. Soon will We show them Our Signs in the (furthest) regions (of the earth), and in their own souls, until it becomes manifest to them that this is the Truth. Is it not enough that thy Lord doth witness all things?
54. Ah indeed! Are they in doubt concerning the Meeting with their Lord? Ah indeed! It is He that doth encompass all things!

GuLSerbeti

42. Consultation (Ash-Shüra)

This chapter has 53 verses.

1. Há Mím
2. Àin. Sín. Qáf.
3. Thus doth (He) send inspiration to thee as (He did) to those before thee,- Allah, Exalted in Power, Full of Wisdom.
4. To Him belongs all that is in the heavens and on earth: and He is Most High, Most Great.
5. The heavens are almost rent asunder from above them (by His Glory): and the angels celebrate the Praises of their Lord, and pray for forgiveness for (all) beings on earth: Behold! Verily Allah is He, the Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
6. And those who take as protectors others besides Him,- Allah doth watch over them; and thou art not the disposer of their affairs.
7. Thus have We sent by inspiration to thee an Arabic Qurán: that thou mayest warn the Mother of Cities and all around her,- and warn (them) of the Day of Assembly, of which there is no doubt: (when) some will be in the Garden, and some in the Blazing Fire.
8. If Allah had so willed, He could have made them a single people; but He admits whom He will to His Mercy; and the Wrong-doers will have no protector nor helper.
9. What! Have they taken (for worship) protectors besides Him? But it is Allah,- He is the Protector, and it is He Who gives life to the dead: it is He Who has power over all things,
10. Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah. such is Allah my Lord: in Him I trust, and to Him I turn.
11. (He is) the Creator of the heavens and the earth: He has made for you pairs from among yourselves, and pairs among cattle: by this means does He multiply you: there is nothing whatever like unto Him, and He is the One that hears and sees.
12. To Him belong the keys of the heavens and the earth: He enlarges and restricts. The Sustenance to whom He will: for He knows full well all things.
13. The same religion has He established for you as that which He enjoined on Noah - the which We have sent by inspiration to thee - and that which We enjoined on Abraham, Moses, and Jesus: Namely, that ye should remain steadfast in religion, and make no divisions therein: to those who worship other things than Allah, hard is the (way) to which thou callest them. Allah chooses to Himself those whom He pleases, and guides to Himself those who turn (to Him).
14. And they became divided only after Knowledge reached them,- being insolent to one another. Had it not been for a Word that went forth before from thy Lord, (tending) to a Term appointed, the matter would have been settled between them: but truly those who have inherited the Book after them are in suspicious (disquieting) doubt concerning it.
15. Now then, for that (reason), call (them to the Faith), and stand steadfast as thou art commanded, nor follow thou their vain desires; but say: "I believe in whatever Book Allah has sent down; and I am commanded to judge justly between you. Allah is our Lord and your Lord: for us (is the responsibility for) our deeds, and for you for your deeds. There is no contention between us and you. Allah will bring us together, and to Him is (our) final goal.
16. But those who dispute concerning Allah after He has been accepted,- futile is their argument in the sight of their Lord: on them is Wrath, and for them will beach Terrible.
17. It is Allah Who has sent down the Book in Truth, and the Balance, and what will make thee realize that perhaps the Hour is close at hand?
18. Only those wish to hasten it who believe not in it: those who believe hold it in awe, and know that it is the Truth. Behold, verily those that dispute concerning the Hour are far astray.
19. Gracious is Allah to His servants: He gives Sustenance to whom He pleases: and He is the Strong, the Mighty.
20. To any that desires the tilth of the Hereafter, We give increase in his tilth, and to any that desires the tilth of this world, We grant somewhat thereof, but he has no share or lot in the Hereafter.
21. What! Have they partners (in godhead), who have established for them some religion without the permission of Allah? Had it not been for the Decree of Judgment, the matter would have been decided between them (at once). But verily the Wrong- doers will have a grievous chastisement.
22. Thou wilt see the Wrong-doers in fear on account of what they have earned, and (the burden of) that must (necessarily) fall on them. But those who believe and work righteous deeds will be in the Meadows of the Gardens: they shall have, before their Lord, all that they wish for. That will indeed be the magnificent Bounty (of Allah).
23. That is (the Bounty) whereof Allah gives Glad Tidings to His Servants who believe and do righteous deeds. Say: "No reward do I ask of you for this except the love of those near of kin." And if any one earns any good, We shall give him an increase of good in respect thereof: for Allah is Oft- Forgiving, Grateful.
24. What! Do they say, "He has forged a falsehood against Allah."? But if Allah willed, He could seal up thy heart. And Allah blots out Falsehood, and proves the Truth by His Words. For He knows well the secrets of all hearts.
25. He is the One that accepts repentance from His servants and forgives sins: and He knows all that ye do.
26. And He listens to those who believe and do deeds of righteousness, and gives them increase of His Bounty: but for the Unbelievers their is a terrible chastisement.
27. If Allah were to enlarge the provision for His servants, they would indeed transgress beyond all bounds through the earth; but He sends (it) down in due measure as He pleases. For He is with His servants Well-acquainted, Watchful.
28. He is the One that sends down rain (even) after (men) have given up all hope, and scatters His Mercy (far and wide). And He is the Protector, Worthy of all Praise.
29. And among His Signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the living creatures that He has scattered through them: and He has power to gather them together when He wills.
30. Whatever misfortune happens to you, is because of the things your hands have wrought, and for many (a sin) He grants forgiveness.
31. Nor can ye escape through the earth; nor have ye, besides Allah, any one to protect or to help.
32. And among His Signs are the ships, smooth-running through the ocean, (tall) as mountains.
33. If it be His Will, He can still the Wind: then would they become motionless on the back of the (ocean). Verily in this are Signs for everyone who patiently perseveres and is grateful.
34. Or He can cause them to perish because of the (evil) which (the men) have earned; but much doth He forgive.
35. But let those know, who dispute about Our Signs, that there is for them no way of escape.
36. Whatever ye are given (here) is (but) the enjoyment of this life: but that which is with Allah is better and mo f33 re lasting: (it is) for those who believe and put their trust in their Lord:
37. Those who avoid the greater sins and indecencies, and, when they are angry even then forgive;
38. Those who respond to their Lord, and establish regular prayer; who (conduct) their affairs by mutual Consultation; who spend out of what We bestow on them for Sustenance;
39. And those who, when an oppressive wrong is inflicted on them, (are not cowed but) help and defend themselves.
40. The recompense for an injury is an injury equal thereto (in degree): but if a person forgives and makes reconciliation, his reward is due from Allah: for (Allah) loveth not those who do wrong.
41. But indeed if any do help and defend himself after a wrong (done) to him, against such there is no cause of blame.
42. The blame is only against those who oppress men with wrong-doing and insolently transgress beyond bounds through the land, defying right and justice: for such there will be a chastisement grievous.
43. But indeed if any show patience and forgive, that would truly be an affair of great resolution.
44. For any whom Allah leaves astray, there is no protector thereafter. And thou wilt see the Wrong-doers, when in sight of the Chastisement, Say: "Is there any way (to effect) a return?"
45. And thou wilt see them brought forward to the (Penalty), abject in humbleness, (and) looking with a stealthy glance. And the Believers will say: "Those are indeed in loss, who lose themselves and their families on the Day of Judgment. Behold! Truly the Wrong-doers are in a lasting Chastisement!"
46. And no protectors have they to help them, other than Allah. And for any whom Allah leaves to stray, there is no way (to the Goal).
47. Respond ye to your Lord, before there come a Day which there will be no putting back, because of (the Ordainment of) Allah! That Day there will be for you no place of refuge nor will there be for you any room for denial (of your sins)!
48. If then they run away, We have not sent thee as a guard over them. Thy duty is but to convey (the Message). And truly, when We give man a taste of a Mercy from Us, he doth exult thereat, but when some ill happens to him, on account of the deeds which his hands have sent forth, truly then is man ungrateful!
49. To Allah belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth. He creates what He wills. He bestows (children) male or female according to His Will,
50. Or He bestows both males and females, and He leaves barren whom He will: for He is full of Knowledge and Power.
51. It is not fitting for a man that Allah should speak to him except by inspiration, or from behind a veil, or by the sending of a messenger to reveal, with Allah's permission, what Allah wills: for He is Most High, Most Wise.
52. And thus have We, by Our Command, sent inspiration to thee: thou knewest not (before) what was Revelation, and what was Faith; but We have made the (Qurán) a Light, wherewith We guide such of Our servants as We will; and verily thou dost guide (men) to the Straight Way,-
53. The Way of Allah, to Whom belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on earth. Behold (how) all affairs tend towards Allah!

GuLSerbeti

43. Gold Adornments (Az-Zukhruf)

This chapter has 89 verses.

1. Há Mím
2. By the Book that makes things clear,-
3. We have made it a Qurán in Arabic, that ye may be able to understand.
4. And verily, it is in the Mother of the Book, with Us, high (in dignity), full of wisdom.
5. Shall We then turn away the Reminder from you altogether, for that ye are a people transgressing beyond bounds?
6. But how many were the prophets We sent amongst the peoples of old?
7. And never came there a prophet to them but they mocked him.
8. So We destroyed (men)- stronger in power than these;- and (thus) has passed on the Example of the peoples of old.
9. If thou wert to question them, 'Who created the heavens and the earth?' They would be sure to reply, 'They were created by (Him), the Exalted in Power, Full of Knowledge';-
10. (Yea, the same that) has made for you the earth spread out, and has made for you roads (and channels) therein, in order that ye may find guidance (on the way);
11. That sends down (from time to time) rain from the sky in due measure;- and We raise to life therewith a land that is dead; even so will ye be raised (from the dead);-
12. That has created pairs in all things, and has made for you ships and cattle on which ye ride,
13. In order that ye may sit firm and square on their backs, and when so seated, ye may remember the (kind) favor of your Lord, and say, "Glory to Him Who has subjected these to our (use), for we could never be able to do it,
14. "And to our Lord, surely, must we turn back!"
15. Yet they attribute to some of His servants a share with Him! Truly is man a clearly unthankful!
16. What! Has He taken daughters out of what He Himself creates, and granted to you sons for choice?
17. When news is brought to one of them of (the birth of) what he sets up as a likeness to (Allah) Most Gracious, his face darkens, and he is filled with inward grief!
18. Is then one brought up among trinkets, and unable to give a clear account in a dispute (to be associated with Allah)?
19. And they make into females angels who themselves serve Allah. Did they witness their creation? Their evidence will be recorded, and they will be called to account!
20. ("Ah!") they say, "If it had been the will of the Most Gracious, we should not have worshipped such (deities)!" Of that they have no knowledge! They do nothing but lie!
21. What! have We given them a Book before this, to which they are holding fast?
22. Nay! they say: "We found our fathers following a certain religion, and we do guide ourselves by their footsteps."
23. Just in the same way, whenever We sent a Warner before thee to any people, the wealthy ones among them said: "We found our fathers following a certain religion, and we will certainly follow in their footsteps."
24. He said: "What! Even if I brought you better guidance than that which ye found your fathers following?" They said: "For us, we deny that ye (prophets) are sent (with)."
25. So We exacted retribution from them: now see what was the end of those who rejected (Truth)!
26. Behold! Abraham said to his father and his people: "I do indeed clear myself of what ye worship:
27. "(I worship) only Him Who originated me, and He will certainly guide me."
28. And he left it as a Word to endure among those who came after him, that they may turn back (to Allah).
29. Yea, I have given the good things of this life to these (men) and their fathers, until the Truth has come to them, and a messenger making things clear.
30. But when the Truth came to them, they said: "This is sorcery, and we do reject it."
31. Also, they say: "Why is not this Qurán sent down to some leading man in either of the two (chief) cities?"
32. Is it they who would portion out the Mercy of thy Lord? It is We Who portion out between them their livelihood in the life of this world: and We raise some of them above others in ranks, so that some may command work from others. But the Mercy of thy Lord is better than the (wealth) which they amass.
33. And were it not that (all) men might become of one community, We would provide, for everyone that blasphemes against the Most Gracious, silver roofs for their houses and (silver) stair-ways on which to go up,
34. And (silver) doors to their houses, and couches (of silver) on which they could recline,
35. And also adornments of gold. But all this were nothing but enjoyment of the present life: the Hereafter, in the sight of thy Lord, is for the Righteous.
36. If anyone withdraws himself from remembrance of the Most Gracious, We appoint for him a Satan, to be an intimate companion to him.
37. Such (Satans) really hinder them from the Path, but they think that they are being guided aright!
38. At length, when (such a one) comes to Us, he says (to his evil companion): "Would that between me and thee were the distance of East and West!" Ah! evil is the companion (indeed)!
39. When ye have done wrong, it will avail you nothing, that Day, that ye shall be partners in Punishment!
40. Canst thou then make the deaf to hear, or give direction to the blind or to such as (wander) in manifest error?
41. Even if We take thee away, We shall be sure to exact retribution from them,
42. Or We shall show thee that (accomplished) which We have promised them: for verily We have power over them.
43. So hold thou fast to the Revelation sent down to thee; verily thou art on a Straight Way.
44. The (Qurán) is indeed a reminder, for thee and for thy people; and soon shall ye (all) be brought to account.
45. And question thou our messengers whom We sent before thee; did We appoint any deities other than the Most Gracious, to be worshipped?
46. We did send Moses aforetime, with Our Signs, to Pharaoh and his Chiefs: He said, "I am a messenger of the Lord of the Worlds."
47. But when he came to them with Our Signs, behold, they laughed at them.
48. We showed them Sign after Sign, each greater than its fellow, and We seized them with Punishment, in order that they might turn (to Us).
49. And they said, "O thou sorcerer! Invoke thy Lord for us according to His covenant with thee; for we shall truly accept guidance."
50. But when We removed the Chastisement from them, behold, they broke their word.
51. And Pharaoh proclaimed among his people, saying: "O my people! Does not the dominion of Egypt belong to me, (witness) these streams flowing underneath my (palace)? What! see ye not then?
52. "Am I not better than this (Moses), who is a contemptible wretch and can scarcely express himself clearly?
53. "Then why are not gold bracelets bestowed on him, or (why) come (not) with him angels accompanying him in procession?"
54. Thus did he make fools of his people, and they obeyed him: truly were they a people rebellious (against Allah).
55. When at length they provoked Us, We exacted retribution from them, and We drowned them all.
56. And We made them (a people) of the Past and an Example to later ages.
57. When (Jesus) the son of Mary is held up as an example, behold, thy people raise a clamor thereat (in ridicule)!
58. And they say, "Are our gods best, or he?" This they set forth to thee, only by way of disputation: yea, they are a contentious people.
59. He was no more than a servant: We granted Our favor to him, and We made him an example to the Children of Israel.
60. And if it were Our Will, We could make angels from amongst you, succeeding each other on the earth.
61. And (Jesus) shall be a Sign (for the coming of) the Hour (of Judgment): therefore have no doubt about the (Hour), but follow ye Me: this is a Straight Way.
62. Let not the Satan hinder you: for he is to you an enemy avowed.
63. When Jesus came with Clear Signs, he said: "Now have I come to you with Wisdom, and in order to make clear to you some of the (points) on which ye dispute: therefore fear Allah and obey me.
64. "For Allah, He is my Lord and your Lord: so worship ye Him: this is a Straight Way."
65. But sects from among themselves fell into disagreement: then woe to the wrong-doers, from the Chastisement of a Grievous Day!
66. Do they only wait for the Hour - that it should come on them all of a sudden, while they perceive not?
67. Friends on that day will be foes, one to another,- except the Righteous.
68. My devotees! No fear shall be on you today, nor shall ye grieve,-
69. Those who have believed in Our Signs and submitted to Us.
70. Enter ye the Garden, ye and your wives, in (beauty and) rejoicing.
71. To them will be passed round, dishes and goblets of gold: there will be there all that the souls could desire, all that the eyes could delight in: and ye shall abide therein (for aye).
72. Such will be the Garden of which ye are made heirs for your (good) deeds (in life).
73. Ye shall have therein abundance of fruit, from which ye shall eat.
74. The sinners will be in the Punishment of Hell, to dwell therein (for aye):
75. Nowise will the (Punishment) be lightened for them, and in despair will they be there overwhelmed.
76. Nowise shall We be unjust to them: but it is they who have been unjust themselves.
77. They will cry: "O Málik! Would that thy Lord put an end to us!" He will say, "Nay, but ye shall abide!"
78. Verily We have brought the Truth to you: but most of you have a hatred for Truth.
79. What! Have they settled some plan (among themselves)? But it is We Who settle things.
80. Or do they think that We hear not their secrets and their private counsels? Indeed (We do), and Our messengers are by them, to record.
81. Say: "If the Most Gracious had a son, I would be the fir 58e st to worship."
82. Glory to the Lord of the heavens and the earth, the Lord of the Throne! He is free from the things they attribute (to Him)!
83. So leave them to babble and play (with vanities) until they meet that Day of theirs, which they have been promised.
84. It is He Who is God in heaven and God on earth; and He is full of Wisdom and Knowledge.
85. And blessed is He to Whom belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth, and all between them: with Him is the Knowledge of the Hour (of Judgment): and to Him shall ye be brought back.
86. And those whom they invoke besides Allah have no power of intercession;- only he who bears witness to the Truth, and with full knowledge.
87. If thou ask them, who created them, they will certainly say, Allah. How then are they deluded away (from the Truth)?
88. (Allah has knowledge) of the (Prophet's) cry, "O my Lord! Truly these are people who will not believe!"
89. But turn away from them, and say "Peace!" But soon shall they know!

GuLSerbeti

44. Smoke (Ad-Dukhán)

This chapter has 59 verses.

1. Há Mím.
2. By the Book that makes things clear;-
3. We sent it down during a blessed night: for We (ever) wish to warn (against Evil).
4. In that (night) is made distinct every affair of wisdom,
5. By command, from Us. For We (ever) send (revelations),
6. As Mercy from thy Lord: for He hears and knows (all things);
7. The Lord of the heavens and the earth and all between them, if ye (but) have an assured faith.
8. There is no god but He: It is He Who gives life and gives death,- The Lord and Cherisher to you and your earliest ancestors.
9. Yet they play about in doubt.
10. Then watch thou for the Day that the sky will bring forth a kind of smoke (or mist) plainly visible,
11. Enveloping the people: this will be a Chastisement Grievous.
12. (They will say: ) "Our Lord! remove the Chastisement from us, for we do really believe!"
13. How should they have the Reminder, seeing that a Messenger explaining things clearly has (already) come to them,-
14. Yet they turn away from him and say: "Tutored (by others), a man possessed!"
15. We shall indeed remove the Chastisement for a while, (but) truly ye will revert (to your ways).
16. The Day We shall seize you with a mighty onslaught: We will indeed (then) exact Retribution!
17. We did, before them, try the people of Pharaoh: there came to them a messenger most honorable,
18. Saying: "Restore to me the Servants of Allah. I am to you a messenger worthy of all trust;
19. "And be not arrogant as against Allah: for I come to you with authority manifest.
20. "For me, I have sought safety with my Lord and your Lord, against your injuring me.
21. "If ye believe me not, at least keep yourselves away from me."
22. (But they were aggressive: ) then he cried to his Lord: "These are indeed a people given to sin."
23. (The reply came: ) "March forth with My Servants by night: for ye are sure to be pursued.
24. "And leave the sea as a furrow (divided): for they are a host (destined) to be drowned."
25. How many were the gardens and springs they left behind,
26. And corn-fields and noble buildings,
27. And pleasant things, wherein they had taken such delight!
28. Thus (was their end)! And We made other people inherit (those things)!
29. And neither heaven nor earth shed a tear over them: nor were they given a respite (again).
30. We did deliver aforetime the Children of Israel from humiliating Punishment,
31. Inflicted by Pharaoh, for he was arrogant (even) among inordinate transgressors.
32. And We chose them aforetime above the nations, knowingly,
33. And granted them Signs in which there was a manifest trial
34. As to these (Quraish), they say forsooth:
35. "There is nothing beyond our first death, and we shall not be raised again.
36. "Then bring (back) our forefathers, if what ye say is true!"
37. What! Are they better than the people of Tubba and those who were before them? We destroyed them because they were guilty of sin.
38. We created not the heavens, the earth, and all between them, merely in (idle) sport:
39. We created them not except for just ends: but most of them do not know.
40. Verily the Day of sorting out is the time appointed for all of them,-
41. The Day when no protector can avail his client in aught, and no help can they receive,
42. Except such as receive Allah's Mercy: for He is Exalted in Might, Most Merciful.
43. Verily the tree of Zaqqüm
44. Will be the food of the Sinful,-
45. Like molten brass; it will boil in their insides.
46. Like the boiling of scalding water.
47. (A voice will cry): "Seize ye him and drag him into the midst of the Blazing Fire!
48. "Then pour over his head the Chastisement of Boiling Water,
49. "Taste thou (this)! Truly wast thou mighty, full of honor!
50. "Truly this is what ye used to doubt!"
51. As to the Righteous (they will be) in a position of Security,
52. Among Gardens and Springs;
53. Dressed in fine silk and in rich brocade, they will face each other;
54. So; and We shall wed them to maidens with beautiful, big, and lustrous eyes.
55. There can they call for every kind of fruit in peace and security;
56. Nor will they there taste death, except the first death; and He will preserve them from the Chastisement of the Blazing Fire,-
57. As a Bounty from thy Lord! That will be the supreme achievement!
58. Verily, We have made this (Qurán) easy, in thy tongue, in order that they may give heed.
59. So wait thou and watch; for they (too) are waiting.

GuLSerbeti

45. Bowing the Knee (Al-Játhiya)

This chapter has 37 verses.

1. Há Mím.
2. The revelation of the Book is from Allah the Exalted in Power, Full of Wisdom.
3. Verily in the heavens and the earth, are Signs for those who believe.
4. And in the creation of yourselves and the fact that animals are scattered (through the earth), are Signs for those of assured Faith.
5. And in the alternation of Night and Day, and the fact that Allah sends down Sustenance from the sky, and revives therewith the earth after its death, and in the change of the winds,- are Signs for those that are wise.
6. Such are the Signs of Allah, which We rehearse to thee in Truth; then in what exposition will they believe after Allah and His Signs?
7. Woe to each sinful imposter:
8. He hears the Signs of Allah rehearsed to him, yet is obstinate and lofty, as if he had not heard them: then announce to him a Chastisement Grievous!
9. And when he learns something of Our Signs, he takes them in jest: for such there will be a humiliating Chastisement.
10. In front of them is Hell: and of no profit to them is anything they may have earned, nor any protectors they may have taken to themselves besides Allah: for them is a tremendous Chastisements.
11. This is (true) Guidance and for those who reject the Signs of their Lord, is a grievous Chastisement of abomination.
12. It is Allah Who has subjected the sea to you, that ships may sail through it by His command, that ye may seek of His Bounty, and that ye may be grateful.
13. And He has subjected to you, as from Him, all that is in the heavens and on earth: behold, in that are Signs indeed for those who reflect.
14. Tell those who believe, to forgive those who do not hope for the Days of Allah: it is for Him to recompense (for good or ill) each People according to what they have earned.
15. If any one does a righteous deed, it is to his own benefit; if he does evil, it works against (his own soul). In the end will ye (all) be brought back to your Lord.
16. We did aforetime grant to the Children of Israel the Book the Power of Command, and Prophethood; We gave them, for Sustenance, things good and pure; and We favored them above the nations.
17. And We granted them Clear Signs in affairs (of Religion): it was only after knowledge had been granted to them that they fell into schisms, through insolent envy among themselves. Verily thy Lord will judge between them on the Day of Judgment as to those matters in which they set up differences.
18. Then We put thee on the (right) Way of Religion: so follow thou that (Way), and follow not the desires of those who know not.
19. They will be of no use to thee in the sight of Allah: it is only Wrong-doers (that stand as) protectors, one to another: but Allah is the Protector of the Righteous.
20. These are clear evidences to men and a Guidance and Mercy to those of assured Faith.
21. What! Do those who do evil deeds think that We shall hold them equal with those who believe and do righteous deeds,- that equal will be their life and their death? Ill is the judgment that they make.
22. Allah created the heavens and the earth for just ends, and in order that each soul may find the recompense of what it has earned, and none of them shall be wronged.
23. Then seest thou such a one as takes as his god his own vain desire? Allah has, knowing (him as such), left him astray, and sealed his hearing and his heart (and understanding), and put a cover on his sight. Who, then, will guide him after Allah (has withdrawn Guidance)? Will ye not then receive admonition?
24. And they say: "What is there but our life in this world? We shall die and we live, and nothing but time can destroy us." But of that they have no knowledge: they merely conjecture:
25. And when Our Clear Signs are rehearsed to them, their argument is nothing but this: they say, "Bring (back) our forefathers, if what ye say is true!"
26. Say: "It is Allah Who gives you life, then gives you death; then He will gather you together for the Day of Judgment about which there is no doubt": but most men do not know.
27. To Allah belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth, and the Day that the Hour of Judgment is established,- that Day will the followers of Falsehood perish!
28. And thou wilt see every nation bowing the knee: every nation will be called to its Record: "This Day shall ye be recompensed for all that ye did!
29. "This Our Record speaks about you with truth: For We were wont to put on record all that ye did."
30. Then, as to those who believed and did righteous deeds, their Lord will admit them to His Mercy that will be the manifest triumph.
31. But as to those who rejected Allah, (to them will be said): "Were not Our Signs rehearsed to you? But ye were arrogant, and were a people given to sin!
32. "And when it was said that the promise of Allah was true, and that the Hour- there was no doubt about its (coming), ye used to say, 'We know not what is the Hour: we only think it a conjecture, and we have no firm assurance.' "
33. Then will appear to them the evil (fruits) of what they did, and they will be completely encircled by that which they used to mock at!
34. It will also be said: "This Day We will forget you as ye forgot the meeting of this Day of yours! And your abode is the Fire, and no helpers have ye!
35. "This, because ye used to take the Signs of Allah in jest, and the life of the world deceived you:" (From) that Day, therefore, they shall not be taken out thence, nor shall they make amends.
36. Then Praise be to Allah, Lord of the heavens and Lord of the earth,- Lord and Cherisher of all the Worlds!
37. And unto Him (alone) belongth Majesty in the heavens and the earth: and He is Exalted in Power, Full of Wisdom!

GuLSerbeti

46. Winding Sand-tracts (Al-Ahqáf)

This chapter has 35 verses.

1. Há Mím.
2. The revelation of the Book is from Allah the Exalted in Power, Full of Wisdom.
3. We created not the heavens and the earth and all between them but for just ends, and for a term appointed: but those who reject Faith turn away from that whereof they are warned.
4. Say: "Do ye see what it is ye invoke besides Allah? Show me what it is they have created on earth, or have they a share in the heavens? Bring me a Book (revealed) before this, or any remnant of knowledge (ye may have), if ye are telling the truth!
5. And who is more astray than one who invokes, besides Allah, such as will not answer him to the Day of Judgment, and who (in fact) are unconscious of their call (to them)?
6. And when mankind are gathered together (at the Resurrection), they will be hostile to them and deny that (men) had worshipped them!
7. When Our Clear Signs are rehearsed to them, the Unbelievers say, of the Truth when it comes to them: "This is evident sorcery!"
8. Or do they say, "He has forged it"? Say: "Had I forged it, then ye have no power to help me against Allah. He knows best of that whereof ye talk (so glibly)! Enough is He for a witness between me and you! And he is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."
9. Say: "I am not an innovation among the messengers, nor do I know what will be done with me or with you. I follow but that which is revealed to me by inspiration; I am but a Warner open and clear."
10. Say: "See ye? If (this teaching) be from Allah, and ye reject it, and a witness from among the Children of Israel testifies to its similarity (with earlier scripture), and has believed while ye are arrogant, (how unjust ye are!) truly, Allah guides not a people unjust."
11. The Unbelievers say of those who believe: "If (this Message) were a good thing, (such men) would not have gone to it first, before us!" And seeing that they guide not themselves thereby, they will say, "This is an old falsehood!"
12. And before this, was the Book of Moses as a guide and a mercy: and this Book confirms (it) in the Arabic tongue; to admonish the unjust, and as Glad Tidings to those who do right.
13. Verily those who say, "Our Lord is Allah," and remain firm (on that Path),- on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.
14. Such shall be Companions of the Gardens, dwelling therein (for aye): a recompense for their (good) deeds.
15. We have enjoined on man kindness to his parents: in pain did his mother bear him, and in pain did she give him birth. The carrying of the (child) to his weaning is (a period of) thirty months. At length, when he reaches the age of full strength and attains forty years, he says, "O my Lord! Grant me that I may be grateful for Thy favor which Thou has bestowed upon me, and upon both my parents, and that I may work righteousness such as Thou mayest approve; and be gracious to me in my issue. Truly have I turned to Thee and truly do I submit (to Thee) in Islám."
16. Such are they from whom We shall accept the best of their deeds and pass by their ill deeds: (they shall be) among the Companions of the Garden: a promise of truth, which was made to them (in this life).
17. But (there is one) who says to his parents, "Fie on you! Do ye hold out the promise to me that I shall be raised up, even though generations have passed before me (without rising again)?" And they two seek Allah's aid, (and rebuke the son): "Woe to thee! Have faith! For the promise of Allah is true." But he says, "This is nothing but tales of the ancients!"
18. Such are they against whom proved true sentence among the previous generations of Jinns and men, that have passed away; for they will be (utterly) lost.
19. And to all are (assigned) degrees according to the deeds which they (have done), and in order that (Allah) may recompense their deeds, and no injustice be done to them.
20. And on the Day that the Unbelievers will be placed before the Fire, (It will be said to them): "Ye received your good things in the life of the world, and ye took your pleasure out of them: but today shall ye be recompensed with a Chastisement of humiliation: for that ye were arrogant on earth without just cause, and that ye (ever) transgressed."
21. Mention (Hüd) one of Àd's (own) brethren: behold, he warned his people beside the winding Sand-tracts: but there have been warners before him and after him: "Worship ye none other than Allah: truly I fear for you the Chastisement of a Mighty Day."
22. They said: "Hast thou come in order to turn us aside from our gods? Then bring upon us the (calamity) with which thou dost threaten us, if thou art telling the truth!"
23. He said: "The Knowledge (of when it will come) is only with Allah: I proclaim to you the mission on which I have been sent: but I see that ye are a people in ignorance!"..
24. Then, when they saw a cloud advancing towards their valleys, they said, "This cloud will give us rain!" "Nay, it is the (Calamity) ye were asking to be hastened!- a wind wherein is a Grievous Chastisement!
25. "Everything will it destroy by the command of its Lord!" Then by the morning they - nothing was to be seen but (the ruins of) their houses! Thus do We recompense those given to sin!
26. And We had firmly established them in a (prosperity and) power which We have not given to you (ye Quraish!) and We had endowed them with (faculties of) hearing, seeing, heart and intellect: but of no profit to them were their (faculties of) hearing, sight, and heart and intellect, when they went on rejecting the Signs of Allah: and they were (completely) encircled by that which they used to mock at!
27. We destroyed aforetime towns round about you; and We have shown the Signs in various ways, that they may turn (to Us).
28. Why then was no help forthcoming to them from those whom they worshipped as gods, besides Allah, as a means of access (to Allah)? Nay, they left them in the lurch: but that was their falsehood and their invention.
29. Behold, We turned towards thee a company of Jinns (quietly) listening to the Qurán: when they stood in the presence thereof, they said, "Listen in silence!" When the (reading) was finished, they returned to their people, to warn them.
30. They said, "O our people! We have heard a Book revealed after Moses, confirming what came before it: it guides (men) to the Truth and to a Straight Path.
31. "O our people, hearken to the one who invites (you) to Allah, and believe in him: He will forgive you your faults, and deliver you from a Chastisement Grievous.
32. "If any does not hearken to the one who invites (us) to Allah, he cannot escape in the earth, and no protectors can he have besides Allah: such men (are) in manifest error."
33. See they not that Allah, Who created the heavens and the earth, and never wearied with their creation, is able to give life to the dead? Yea, verily He has power over all things.
34. And on the Day that the Unbelievers will be placed before the Fire, (they will be asked,) "Is this not the Truth?" they will say, "Yea, by our Lord!" (He will say: ) "Then taste ye the Chastisement, for that ye were wont to deny (Truth)!"
35. Therefore patiently persevere, as did (all) messengers of firm resolution; and be in no haste about the (Unbelievers). On the Day that they see the (Punishment) promised them, (it will be) as if they had not tarried more than an hour in a single day. (Thine but) to proclaim the Message: but shall any be destroyed except those who transgress?

GuLSerbeti

47. Muhammad

This chapter has 38 verses.

1. Those who reject Allah and hinder (men) from the Path of Allah,- their deeds will Allah bring to naught.
2. But those who believe and work deeds of righteousness, and believe in the (Revelation) sent down to Muhammad - for it is the Truth from their Lord,- He will remove from them their ills and improve their condition.
3. This because those who reject Allah follow falsehood, while those who believe follow the Truth from their Lord: thus does Allah set forth for men their lessons by similitudes.
4. Therefore, when ye meet the Unbelievers (in fight), smite at their necks; at length, when ye have thoroughly subdued them, bind (the captives) firmly: thereafter (is the time for) either generosity or ransom: until the war lays down its burdens. Thus (are ye commanded): but if it had been Allah's Will, He could certainly have exacted retribution from them (Himself); but (He lets you fight) in order to test you, some with others. But those who are slain in the Way of Allah,- He will never let their deeds be lost.
5. Soon will He guide them and improve their condition,
6. And admit them to the Garden which He has made known to them.
7. O ye who believe! If ye will help (the cause of) Allah, He will aid you, and plant your feet firmly.
8. But those who reject (Allah),- for them is destruction, and (Allah) will render their deeds to naught.
9. That is because they hate the Revelation of Allah; so He has made their deeds fruitless.
10. Do they not travel through the earth, and see what was the End of those before them (who did evil)? Allah brought utter destruction on them, and similar (fates await) those who reject Allah.
11. That is because Allah is the Protector of those who believe, but those who reject Allah have no protector.
12. Verily Allah will admit those who believe and do righteous deeds, to Gardens beneath which rivers flow; while those who reject Allah will enjoy (this world) and eat as cattle eat; and the Fire will be their abode.
13. And how many cities, with more power than thy city which has driven thee out, have We destroyed (for their sins)? And there was none to aid them.
14. Is then one who is on a clear (Path) from his Lord, no better than one to whom the evil of his conduct seems pleasing, and such as follow their own lusts?
15. (Here is) the description of the Garden which the righteous are promised: in it are rivers of water unstaling; rivers of milk of which the taste never changes; rivers of wine, a joy to those who drink; and rivers of honey pure and clear. In it there are for them all kinds of fruits; and Forgiveness from their Lord. (Can those in such Bliss) be compared to such as shall dwell for ever in the Fire, and be given, to drink, boiling water, so that it cuts up their bowels (to pieces)?
16. And among them are men who listen to thee, till when they go out from thee, they say to those who have received Knowledge, "What is it he said just then?" Such are men whose hearts Allah has sealed, and who follow their own lusts.
17. But to those who receive Guidance, He increases their Guidance, and bestows on them their Piety and Restraint (from evil).
18. Do they then only wait for the Hour,- that it should come on them of a sudden? But already have come some tokens thereof, and when it comes to them, how can they have their reminder?
19. Know, therefore, that there is no god but Allah, and ask forgiveness for thy fault, and for the men and women who believe: for Allah knows how ye move about and how ye dwell in your homes.
20. Those who believe say, "Why is not a Sürah sent down (for us)?" But when a Sürah of decisive meaning is revealed, and fighting is mentioned therein, thou wilt see those in whose hearts is a disease looking at thee with a look of one in swoon at the approach of death. But more fitting for them-
21. Were it to obey and say what is just, and when a matter is resolved on, it were best for them if they were true to Allah.
22. Then, is it to be expected of you, if ye were put in authority, that ye will do mischief in the land, and break your ties of kith and kin?
23. Such are the men whom Allah has cursed for He has made them deaf and blinded their sight.
24. Do they not then earnestly seek to understand the Qurán, or is it that there are Locks upon their hearts?
25. Those who turn back as apostates after Guidance was clearly shown to them,- the Satan has instigated them and buoyed them up with false hopes.
26. This, because they said to those who hate what Allah has revealed, "We will obey you in part of (this) matter"; but Allah knows their (inner) secrets.
27. But how (will it be) when the angels take their souls at death, and smite their faces and their backs?
28. This because they followed that which displeased Allah, and they hated Allah's good pleasure; so He made their deeds of no effect.
29. Or do those in whose hearts is a disease, think that Allah will not bring to light all their rancor?
30. Had We so willed, We could have shown them up to thee, and thou shouldst have known them by their marks: but surely thou wilt know them by the tone of their speech! And Allah knows all that ye do.
31. And We shall try you until We test those among you who strive their utmost and persevere in patience; and We shall try your reported (mettle).
32. Those who disbelieve hinder (men) from the Path of Allah, and resist the Messenger, after Guidance has been clearly shown to them, will not harm Allah in the least, but He will make their deeds of no effect.
33. O ye who believe! Obey Allah, and obey the messenger, and make not vain your deeds!
34. Those who disbelieve, and hinder (men) from the Path of Allah, then die disbelieving,- Allah will not forgive them.
35. Be not weary and faint-hearted, crying for peace, when ye are the uppermost: for Allah is with you, and will never put you in loss for your (good) deeds.
36. The life of this world is but play and amusement: and if ye believe and guard against evil, He will grant you your recompense, and will not ask you (to give up) your possessions.
37. If He were to ask you for all of them, and press you, ye would covetously withhold, and He would bring out all your ill-feeling.
38. Behold, ye are those invited to spend (of your substance) in the Way of Allah: but among you are some that are niggardly. But any who are niggardly are so at the expense of their own souls. But Allah is free of all wants, and it is ye that are needy. If ye turn back (from the Path), He will substitute in your stead another people; then they would not be like you!

GuLSerbeti

48. Victory ( Al-Fath)

This chapter has 29 verses.

1. Verily We have granted thee a manifest Victory:
2. That Allah may forgive thee thy faults of the past and those to follow; fulfill His favor to thee; and guide thee on the Straight Way;
3. And that Allah may help thee with powerful help.
4. It is He Who sent down tranquillity into the hearts of the Believers, that they may add faith to their faith;- for to Allah belong the Forces of the heavens and the earth; and Allah is Full of Knowledge and Wisdom;-
5. That He may admit the men and women who believe, to Gardens beneath which rivers flow, to dwell therein for aye, and remove their sins from them;- and that is, in the sight of Allah, the grand triumph,-
6. And that He may punish the Hypocrites, men and women, and the Polytheists men and women, who think an evil though of Allah. On them is a round of Evil: the Wrath of Allah is on them: He has cursed them and got Hell ready for them: and evil is it for a destination.
7. For to Allah belong the Forces of the heavens and the earth; and Allah is Exalted in Power, Full of Wisdom.
8. We have truly sent thee as a witness, as a bringer of Glad Tidings, and as a Warner:
9. In order that ye (O men) may believe in Allah and His Messenger, that ye may assist and honor Him, and celebrate His praise morning and evening.
10. Verily those who plight their fealty to thee plight their fealty in truth to Allah; the Hand of Allah is over their hands: then any one who violates his oath, does so to the harm of his own soul, and any one who fulfills what he has covenanted with Allah,- Allah will soon grant him a great Reward.
11. The desert Arabs who lagged behind will say to thee: "We were engaged in (looking after) our flocks and herds, and our families: do thou then ask forgiveness for us." They say with their tongues what is not in their hearts. Say: "Who then has any power at all (to intervene) on your behalf with Allah, if His Will is to give you some loss or to give you some profit? But Allah is well acquainted with all that ye do.
12. "Nay, ye thought that the Messenger and the Believers would never return to their families; this seemed pleasing in your hearts, and ye conceived an evil thought, for ye are a people doomed to perish."
13. And if any believe not in Allah and His Messenger, We have prepared, for those who reject Allah, a Blazing Fire!
14. To Allah belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth: He forgives whom He wills, and He punishes whom He wills: but Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
15. Those who lagged behind (will say), when ye set forth to acquire booty (in war): "Permit us to follow you." They wish to change Allah's word: say: "Not thus will ye follow us: Allah has already declared (this) beforehand": then they will say, "But ye are jealous of us." Nay, but little do they understand (such things).
16. Say to the desert Arabs who lagged behind: "Ye shall be summoned (to fight) against a people given to vehement war: then shall ye fight, or they shall submit. Then if ye show obedience, Allah will grant you a goodly reward, but if ye turn back as ye did before, He will punish you with a grievous Chastisement."
17. No blame is there on the blind, nor is there blame on the lame, nor on one ill (if he joins not the war): but he that obeys Allah and his Messenger,- (Allah) will admit him to Gardens beneath which rivers flow; and he who turns back, (Allah) will punish him with a grievous Chastisement.
18. Allah's Good Pleasure was on the Believers when they swore Fealty to thee under the Tree: He knew what was in their hearts, and He sent down Tranquillity to them; and He rewarded them with a speedy Victory;
19. And many gains will they acquire (besides): and Allah is Exalted in Power, Full of Wisdom.
20. Allah has promised you many gains that ye shall acquire, and He has given you these beforehand; and He has restrained the hands of men from you; that it may be a Sign for the Believers, and that He may guide you to a Straight Path;
21. And other gains (there are), which are not within your power, but which Allah has compassed: and Allah has power over all things.
22. If the Unbelievers should fight you, they would certainly turn their backs; then would they find neither protector nor helper.
23. (Such has been) the practice of Allah already in the past: no change wilt thou find in the practice of Allah.
24. And it is He Who has restrained their hands from you and your hands from them in the valley of Makkah, after that He gave you the victory over them. And Allah sees well all that ye do.
25. They are the ones who disbelieved and hindered you from the Sacred Mosque and the sacrificial animals, detained from reaching their place of sacrifice. Had there not been believing men and believing women whom ye did not know that ye were trampling down and on whose account a guilt would have accrued to you without (your) knowledge, (Allah would have allowed you to force your way, but He held back your hands) that He may admit to His Mercy whom He will. If they had been apart, We should certainly have punished the Unbelievers among them with a grievous Punishment.
26. While the Unbelievers got up in their hearts heat and cant - the heat and cant of Ignorance,- Allah sent down His Tranquillity to His Messenger and to the Believers, and made them stick close to the command of self-restraint; and well were they entitled to it and worthy of it. And Allah has full knowledge of all things.
27. Truly did Allah fulfill the vision for His Messenger. ye shall enter the Sacred Mosque, if Allah wills, with minds secure, heads shaved, hair cut short, and without fear. For He knew what ye knew not, and He granted, besides this, a speedy victory.
28. It is He Who has sent His Messenger with Guidance and the Religion of Truth, to proclaim it over all religion: and enough is Allah for a Witness.
29. Muhammad is the messenger of Allah, and those who are with him are strong against Unbelievers, (but) compassionate amongst each other. Thou wilt see them bow and prostrate themselves (in prayer), seeking Grace from Allah and (His) Good Pleasure. On their faces are their marks, (being) the traces of their prostration. This is their similitude in the Taurát; and their similitude in the Gospel is: like a seed which sends forth its blade, then makes it strong; it then becomes thick, and it stands on its own stem, (filling) the sowers with wonder and delight. As a result, it fills the Unbelievers with rage at them. Allah has promised those among them who believe and do righteous deeds forgiveness, and a great Reward.

GuLSerbeti

49. The Inner Apartments (Al-Hujurát)

This chapter has 18 verses.

1. O Ye who believe! Put not yourselves forward before Allah and His Messenger; but fear Allah; for Allah is He Who hears and knows all things.
2. O ye who believe! Raise not your voices above the voice of the Prophet, nor speak aloud to him in talk, as ye may speak aloud to one another, lest your deeds become vain and ye perceive not.
3. Those that lower their voices in the presence of Allah's Messenger,- their hearts has Allah tested for piety: for them is Forgiveness and a great Reward.
4. Those who shout out to thee from without the Inner Apartments - most of them lack understanding.
5. If only they had patience until thou couldst come out to them, it would be best for them: but Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
6. O ye who believe! If a wicked person comes to you with any news, ascertain the truth, lest ye harm people unwittingly, and afterwards become full of repentance for what ye have done.
7. And know that among you is Allah's Messenger: were he, in many matters, to follow your (wishes), ye would certainly suffer: but Allah has endeared the Faith to you, and has made it beautiful in your hearts, and He has made hateful to you Unbelief, wickedness, and rebellion: such indeed are those who walk in righteousness;-
8. A Grace and Favor from Allah; and Allah is full of Knowledge and Wisdom.
9. If two parties among the Believers fall into a fight, make ye peace between them: but if one of them transgresses beyond bounds against the other then fight ye (all) against the one that transgresses until it complies with the command of Allah; but if it complies then make peace between them with justice and be fair: for Allah loves those who are fair (and just).
10. The Believers are but a single Brotherhood: so make peace and reconciliation between your two (contending) brothers; and fear Allah, that ye may receive Mercy.
11. O ye who believe! Let not some men among you laugh at others: it may be that the (latter) are better than the (former): nor let some women laugh at others: it may be that the (latter are better than the (former): nor defame nor be sarcastic to each other, nor call each other by (offensive) nicknames: Ill-seeming is a name connoting wickedness, (to be used of one) after he has believed: and those who do not desist are (indeed) doing wrong.
12. O ye who believe! Avoid suspicion as much (as possible): for suspicion in some cases is a sin: and spy not on each other, nor speak ill of each other behind their backs. Would any of you like to eat the flesh of his dead brother? Nay, ye would abhor it...But fear Allah, for Allah is Oft- Returning, Most Merciful.
13. O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise each other). Verily the most honored of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And Allah has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things).
14. The desert Arabs say, "We believe." Say, "Ye have no faith; but ye (only) say, 'We have submitted our wills to Allah,' For not yet has Faith entered your hearts. But if ye obey Allah and His Messenger, He will not belittle aught of your deeds: for Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."
15. Only those are Believers who have believed in Allah and His Messenger, and have never since doubted, but have striven with their belongings and their persons in the Cause of Allah: such are the sincere ones,
16. Say: "What! Will ye tell Allah about your religion? But Allah knows all that is in the heavens and on earth: He has full knowledge of all things.
17. They impress on thee as a favor that they have embraced Islám. Say, "Count not your Islám as a favor upon me: Nay, Allah has conferred a favor upon you that He has guided you to the faith, if ye be true and sincere.
18. "Verily Allah knows the unseen of the heavens and the earth: and Allah Sees well all that ye do."

GuLSerbeti

50. Qáf

This chapter has 45 verses.

1. Qáf: by the Glorious Qurán (thou art Allah's Messenger)
2. But they wonder that there has come to them a Warner from among themselves. So the Unbelievers say: "This is a wonderful thing!
3. "What! When we die and become dust, (shall we live again?) That is a (sort of) return far (from our understanding)."
4. We already know how much of them the earth takes away: with Us is a Record guarding (the full account).
5. But they deny the Truth when it comes to them: so they are in a confused state.
6. Do they not look at the sky above them?- How We have made it and adorned it, and there are no flaws in it?
7. And the earth- We have spread it out, and set thereon mountains standing firm, and produced therein every kind of beautiful growth (in pairs)-
8. For an insight and a reminder to every servant turning (to Allah).
9. And We send down from the sky rain charted with blessing, and We produce therewith gardens and grain for harvests;
10. And tall (and stately) palm-trees, with shoots of fruit-stalks, piled one over another;-
11. As sustenance for (Allah's) Servants;- and We give (new) life therewith to land that is dead: thus will be the Resurrection.
12. Before them was denied (the Hereafter) by the People of Noah, the Companions of the Rass, the Thamüd,
13. The Àd, Pharaoh, the brethren of Lüt,
14. The Companions of the Wood, and the People of Tubba; each one (of them) rejected the messengers, and My warning was duly fulfilled (in them).
15. Were We then weary with the first Creation, that they should be in confused doubt about a new Creation?
16. It was We Who created man, and We know what suggestions his soul makes to him: for We are nearer to him than (his) jugular vein.
17. Behold, two (guardian angels) appointed to learn (his doings) learn (and note them), one sitting on the right and one on the left.
18. Not a word does he utter but there is a vigilant Guardian.
19. And the stupor of death will come in truth: "This was the thing which thou wast trying to escape!"
20. And the Trumpet shall be blown: that will be the Day whereof Warning (had been given).
21. And there will come forth every soul: with each will be an (angel) to drive, and an (angel) to bear witness.
22. (It will be said: ) "Thou wast heedless of this; now have We removed thy veil, and sharp is thy sight this Day!"
23. And his Companion will say: "Here is (his Record) ready with me!"
24. (The sentence will be: ) "Throw, both of you, into Hell every contumacious Rejecter (of Allah)!-
25. "Who forbade what was good, transgressed all bounds, cast doubts and suspicions;
26. "Who set up another god beside Allah: throw him into a severe chastisement."
27. His Companion will say: "Our Lord! I did not make him transgress, but he was (himself) far astray."
28. He will say: "Dispute not with each other in My Presence: I had already in advance sent you Warning.
29. "The Word changes not with Me, and I do not the least injustice to My Servants."
30. The Day We will ask Hell, "Art thou filled to the full?" It will say, "Are there any more (to come)?"
31. And the Garden will be brought nigh to the Righteous,- no more a thing distant.
32. (A voice will say: ) "This is what was promised for you,- for every penitent heedful one,
33. "Who feared the Most Gracious unseen, and brought a heart turned in devotion (to Him):
34. "Enter ye therein in Peace and Security; this is a Day of Eternal Life!"
35. There will be for them therein all that they wish,- and there is more with Us.
36. But how many generations before them did We destroy (for their sins),- stronger in power than they? Then did they wander through the land: was there any place of escape (for them)?
37. Verily in this is a Message for any that has a heart and understanding or who gives ear and is a witness.
38. We created the heavens and the earth and all between them in Six Days, nor did any sense of weariness touch Us.
39. Bear, then, with patience, all that they say, and celebrate the praises of thy Lord, before the rising of the sun and before (its) setting.
40. And during part of the night, (also,) celebrate His praises, and (so likewise) after the prostration.
41. And listen the Day when the Caller will call out from a place quiet near,-
42. The Day when they will hear a (mighty) Blast in (very) truth: that will be the Day of Resurrection.
43. Verily it is We Who give Life and Death; and to Us is the Final Return-
44. The Day when the Earth will be rent asunder, letting them hurrying out: that will be a gathering together,- quite easy for Us.
45. We know best what they say; and thou art not one to compel them by force. So admonish with the Qurán such as fear My Warning!

GuLSerbeti

51. The Winds that Scatter (Az-Záriyát)

This chapter has 60 verses.

1. By the (Winds) that scatter broadcast;
2. And those that lift and bear away heavy weights;
3. And those that flow with ease and gentleness;
4. And those that distribute the affair;-
5. Verily that which ye are promised is true;
6. And verily Judgment and Justice will surely come to pass.
7. By the Sky with (its) numerous Paths,
8. Truly ye are of varying opinion.
9. Through which are deluded (away from the Truth) such as would be deluded.
10. Cursed be the conjectures.
11. Those who (flounder) heedless in a flood of confusion:
12. They ask, "When will be the Day of Judgment and Justice?"
13. (It will be) a Day when they will be tried (and tested) over the Fire!
14. "Taste ye your trial! This is what ye used to ask to be hastened!"
15. As to the Righteous, they will be in the midst of Gardens and Springs,
16. Taking joy in the things which their Lord gives them, because, before then, they have done good deeds.
17. They were in the habit of sleeping but little by night,
18. And in the hours of early dawn, they (were found) praying for Forgiveness;
19. And in their wealth there is a due share for the beggar and the deprived.
20. On the earth are Signs for those of assured Faith,
21. As also in your own selves: Will ye not then see?
22. And in heaven is your Sustenance, as (also) that which ye are promised.
23. Then, by the Lord of heaven and earth, this is the very Truth, as much as the fact that ye can speak intelligently to each other.
24. Has the story reached thee, of the honored guests of Abraham?
25. Behold, they entered his presence, and said: "Peace!" He said, "Peace!" (and thought, "These seem) unknown people."
26. Then he turned quickly to his household, brought out a fatted calf,
27. And placed it before them.. He said, "Will ye not eat?"
28. (When they did not eat), He conceived a fear of them. They said, "Fear not," and they gave him glad tidings of a son endowed with knowledge.
29. But his wife came forward clamoring: she smote her forehead and said: "A barren old woman!"
30. They said, "Even so has thy Lord spoken: and He is full of Wisdom and Knowledge."
31. (Abraham) said: "And what, O ye Messengers, is your errand (now)?"
32. They said, "We have been sent to a people (deep) in sin;-
33. "To bring on, on them, (a shower of) stones of clay (brimstone),
34. "Marked as from thy Lord for those who trespass beyond bounds."
35. Then We evacuated those of the Believers who were there,
36. But We found not there any, except one Muslim household:
37. And We left there a Sign for such as fear the Grievous Chastisement.
38. And in Moses (was another Sign): Behold, We sent him to Pharaoh, with authority manifest.
39. But (Pharaoh) turned back on account of his might, and said, "A sorcerer, or one possessed!"
40. So We took him and his forces, and threw them into the sea; and his was the blame.
41. And in the Àd (people) (was another Sign): Behold, We sent against them the devastating Wind:
42. It left nothing whatever that it came up against, but reduced it to ruin and rottenness.
43. And in the Thamüd (was another Sign): Behold, they were told, "Enjoy (your brief day) for a little while!"
44. But they insolently defied the Command of their Lord: so the thunderbolt seized them, even while they were looking on.
45. Then they could not even stand (on their feet), nor could they help themselves.
46. So were the People of Noah before them: for they wickedly transgressed.
47. We have built the Firmament with might: and We indeed have vast power.
48. And We have spread out the (spacious) earth: how excellently We do spread out!
49. And of every thing We have created pairs: that ye may reflect.
50. Therefore flee unto Allah: I am from Him a Warner to you, clear and open!
51. And make not another an object of worship with Allah: I am from Him a Warner to you, clear and open!
52. Similarly, no messenger came to the Peoples before them, but they said (of him) in like manner, "A sorcerer, or one possessed"!
53. Is this the legacy they have transmitted, one to another? Nay, they are themselves a people transgressing beyond bounds!
54. So turn away from them: not thine is the blame.
55. But remind; for reminding benefits the Believers.
56. I have only created Jinns and men, that they may serve Me.
57. No Sustenance do I require of them, nor do I require that they should feed Me.
58. For Allah is He Who gives (all) Sustenance,- Lord of Power,- Steadfast (for ever).
59. For the Wrong-doers, their portion is like unto the portion of their fellows (of earlier generations): then let them not ask Me to hasten (that portion)!
60. Woe, then, to the Unbelievers, from that Day of theirs which they have been promised!

GuLSerbeti

52. The Mount (At-Tür)

This chapter has 49 verses.

1. By the Mount (of Revelation);
2. By a Book Inscribed
3. In a Parchment unfolded;
4. By the much-frequented House;
5. By the Canopy Raised High;
6. And by the Ocean filled with Swell;-
7. Verily, the Chastisement of thy Lord will indeed come to pass;-
8. There is none can avert it;-
9. On the Day when the firmament will be in dreadful commotion.
10. And the mountains will move.
11. Then woe that Day to the rejecters (of truth);-
12. That play (and paddle) in shallow trifles.
13. That Day shall they be thrust down to the Fire of Hell, irresistibly.
14. "This", it will be said, "Is the Fire,- which ye were wont to deny!
15. "Is this then a magic, or is it ye that do not see?
16. "Burn ye therein: the same is it to you whether ye bear it with patience, or not: ye but receive the recompense of your (own) deeds."
17. As to the Righteous, they will be in Gardens, and in Happiness,-
18. Enjoying the (Bliss) which their Lord hath bestowed on them, and their Lord shall deliver them from the Chastisement of the Fire.
19. (To them will be said: ) "Eat and drink ye, with profit and health, because of your (good) deeds."
20. They will recline (with ease) upon couches arranged in ranks; and We shall wed them to Maidens, with beautiful big and lustrous eyes.
21. And those who believe and whose seeds follow them in Faith,- to them shall We join their families: nor shall We deprive them (of the fruit) of aught of their works: (Yet) is each individual in pledge for his deeds.
22. And We shall bestow on them, of fruit and meat, anything they shall desire.
23. They shall there exchange, one with another, a cup free of frivolity, free of sin,
24. Round about them will serve, (devoted) to them: youths (handsome) as Pearls well-guarded.
25. They will advance to each other, engaging in mutual inquiry.
26. They will say: "Aforetime, we were not without fear for the sake of our people.
27. "But Allah has been good to us, and has delivered us from the Chastisement of the Scorching Wind.
28. "Truly, we did call unto Him from of old: truly it is He, the Beneficent, the Merciful!"
29. Therefore remind: for by the Grace of thy Lord, thou art no soothsayer, nor possessed.
30. Or do they say:- "A Poet! We await for him some calamity (hatched) by Time!"
31. Say thou: "Await ye!- I too will wait along with you!"
32. Is it that their intellects urges them to this, or are they but a people transgressing beyond bounds?
33. Or do they say, "He fabricated the (Message)"? Nay, they have no faith!
34. Let them then produce a saying like unto it,- If (it be) they speak the truth!
35. Were they created of nothing, or were they themselves the creators?
36. Or did they create the heavens and the earth? Nay, they have no firm belief.
37. Or are the Treasures of thy Lord with them, or have they control over them?
38. Or have they a ladder, by which they can (climb up to heaven and) listen (to its secrets)? Then let (such a) listener of theirs produce a manifest proof.
39. Or has He only daughters and ye have sons?
40. Or is it that thou dost ask for a reward, so that they are burdened with a load of debt?-
41. Or that the Unseen in it their hands, and they write it down?
42. Or do they intend a plot (against thee)? But those who disbelieve are themselves ensnared in a Plot!
43. Or have they a god other than Allah. Exalted is Allah far above the things they associate with Him!
44. Were they to see a piece of the sky falling (on them), they would (only) say: "Clouds gathered in heaps!"
45. So leave them alone until they encounter that Day of theirs, wherein they shall be thunderstruck,-
46. The Day when their plotting will avail them nothing and no help shall be given them.
47. And verily, for those who do wrong, there is another punishment besides this: but most of them know not.
48. Now await in patience the command of thy Lord: for verily thou art in Our eyes: and celebrate the praises of thy Lord the while thou standest forth,
49. And for part of the night also praise thou Him,- and at the setting of the stars!

GuLSerbeti

53. The Star (An-Najm)

This chapter has 62 verses.

1. By the Star when it goes down,-
2. Your Companion is neither astray nor being misled.
3. Nor does he say (aught) of (his own) Desire.
4. It is no less than Inspiration sent down to him:
5. He was taught by one Mighty in Power,
6. Endued with Wisdom: for he appeared (in stately form);
7. While he was in the highest part of the horizon:
8. Then he approached and came closer,
9. And was at a distance of but two bow-lengths or (even) nearer;
10. So did (Allah) convey the inspiration to His Servant- (conveyed) what He (meant) to convey.
11. The (Prophet's) (mind and) heart in no way falsified that which he saw.
12. Will ye then dispute with him concerning what he saw?
13. For indeed he saw him at a second descent,
14. Near the Lote-tree of the uttermost boundary:
15. Near it is the Garden of Abode.
16. Behold, the Lote-tree was shrouded with what shrouds.
17. (His) sight never swerved, nor did it go wrong!
18. For truly did he see, of the Signs of his Lord, the Greatest!
19. Have ye seen Lát. and Ùzza,
20. And another, the third (goddess), Manát?
21. What! for you the male sex, and for Him, the female?
22. Behold, such would be indeed a division most unfair!
23. These are nothing but names which ye have devised,- ye and your fathers,- for which Allah has sent down no authority (whatever). They follow nothing but conjecture and what the souls desire!- Even though there has already come to them Guidance from their Lord!
24. Nay, shall man have (just) anything he hankers after?
25. But to Allah belongeth the Hereafter and the Former life.
26. How many-so-ever be the angels in the heavens, their intercession will avail nothing except after Allah has given leave for whom He pleases and that he is acceptable to Him.
27. Those who believe not in the Hereafter, name the angels with female names.
28. But they have no knowledge therein. They follow nothing but conjecture; and conjecture avails nothing against Truth.
29. Therefore shun those who turn away from Our Message and desire nothing but the life of this world.
30. That is their attainment of knowledge. Verily thy Lord knoweth best those who stray from His Path, and He knoweth best those who receive guidance.
31. Yea, to Allah belongs all that is in the heavens and on earth: so that He rewards those who do evil, according to their deeds, and He rewards those who do good, with what is best.
32. Those who avoid great sins and indecent deeds, save lesser offenses,- verily thy Lord is ample in forgiveness. He knows you well when He brings you out of the earth, and when ye are hidden in your mothers' wombs. Therefore justify not yourselves: He knows best who it is that guards against evil.
33. Seest thou one who turns back,
34. Gives a little, then hardens (his heart)?
35. What! Has he knowledge of the Unseen so that he can see?
36. Nay, is he not acquainted with what is in the Books of Moses-
37. And of Abraham who fulfilled his commandments?-
38. Namely, that no bearer of burdens can bear the burden of another;
39. That man can have nothing but what he strives for;
40. That (the fruit of) his striving will soon come in sight:
41. Then will he be rewarded with a reward complete;
42. That to thy Lord is the final Goal;
43. That it is He Who granteth Laughter and Tears;
44. That it is He Who granteth Death and Life;
45. That He did create in pairs,- male and female,
46. From a sperm-drop when lodged (in its place);
47. That He hath promised a Second Creation (Raising of the Dead);
48. That it is He Who giveth wealth and satisfaction;
49. That He is the Lord of Sirius (the Mighty Star);
50. And that it is He Who destroyed the (powerful) ancient Àd (people),
51. And the Thamüd, He left no traces of them.
52. And before them, the people of Noah, for that they were (all) most unjust and most insolent transgressors,
53. And He destroyed the Overthrown Cities (of Sodom and Gomorrah).
54. So that there covered it that which covered.
55. Then which of the favors of thy Lord, (O man,) wilt thou dispute about?
56. This is a Warner, of the (series of) Warners of old!
57. The (Hour) ever approaching draws nigh:
58. No (one) but Allah can disclose it.
59. Do ye then wonder at this recital?
60. And will ye laugh and not weep,-
61. Wasting your time in vanities?
62. But fall ye down in prostration to Allah and adore (Him)!

GuLSerbeti

54. The Moon (Al-Qamar)

This chapter has 55 verses.

1. The Hour (of Judgment) is nigh, and the moon was cleft asunder.
2. But if they see a Sign, they turn away, and say, "This is (but) continuous magic."
3. They reject (the warning) and follow their (own) lusts but every matter has its appointed time.
4. There have already come to them such tidings as contain a deterrent,
5. A Wisdom far-reaching;- but (the preaching of) Warners profits them not.
6. Therefore, (O Prophet,) turn away from them, (and await for) the Day that the Caller will call (them) to a terrible affair,
7. They will come forth,- their eyes humbled - from (their) graves, (torpid) like locusts scattered abroad,
8. Hastening, with eyes transfixed, towards the Caller!- "Hard is this Day!", the Unbelievers will say.
9. Before them the People of Noah rejected (their messenger): they rejected Our servant, and said, "Here is one possessed!", and he was driven out.
10. Then he called on his Lord: "I am one overcome: do Thou then help (me)!"
11. So We opened the gates of heaven, with water pouring forth.
12. And We caused the earth to gush forth with springs, so the waters met (and rose) to the extent decreed.
13. But We bore him on an (Ark) made of broad planks and caulked with palm- fiber:
14. She floats under Our eyes (and care): a recompense to one who had been rejected (with scorn)!
15. And We have left this as a Sign (for all time): then is there any that will receive admonition?
16. But how (terrible) was My Chastisement and My Warning?
17. And We have indeed made the Qurán easy to understand and remember: then is there any that will receive admonition?
18. The Àd (people) (too) rejected (Truth): then how terrible was My Chastisement and My Warning?
19. For We sent against them a furious wind, on a Day of bitter ill-luck,
20. Plucking out men as if they were roots of palm-trees torn up (from the ground).
21. Yea, how (terrible) was My Chastisement and My Warning!
22. But We have indeed made the Qurán easy to understand and remember: then is there any that will receive admonition?
23. The Thamüd (also) rejected (their) Warners.
24. For they said: "What! a man! a Solitary one from among ourselves! shall we follow such a one? Truly should we then be in error and madness!
25. "Is it that the Message is sent to him, of all people amongst us? Nay, he is a liar, an insolent one!"
26. Ah! they will know on the morrow, which is the liar, the insolent one!
27. For We will send the she-camel by way of trial for them. So watch them, (O Sálih), and possess thyself in patience!
28. And tell them that the water is to be divided between them: each one's right to drink being brought forward (by suitable turns).
29. But they called to their companion, and he took a sword in hand, and hamstrung (her).
30. Ah! how (terrible) was My Chastisement and My Warning!
31. For We sent bf1 against them a single Mighty Blast, and they became like the dry stubble used by one who pens cattle.
32. And We have indeed made the Qurán easy to understand and remember: then is there any that will receive admonition?
33. The people of Lüt rejected (his) warning.
34. We sent against them a violent tornado with showers of stones, (which destroyed them), except Lüt's household: them We delivered by early Dawn,-
35. As a Grace from Us: thus do We reward those who give thanks.
36. And (Lüt) did warn them of Our Violent Seizure, but they disputed about the Warning.
37. And they even sought to snatch away his guests from him, but We blinded their eyes. (They heard: ) "Now taste ye My Wrath and My Warning."
38. Early on the morrow an abiding Chastisement seized them:
39. "So taste ye My Chastisement and My Warning."
40. And We have indeed made the Qurán easy to understand and remember: then is there any that will receive admonition?
41. To the People of Pharaoh, too, aforetime, came Warners (from Allah).
42. The (people) rejected all Our Signs; but We seized them with the Seizure of a Mighty, Powerful.
43. Are your Unbelievers, (O Quraish), better than they? Or have ye an immunity in the Sacred Books?
44. Or do they say: "We acting together can defend ourselves"?
45. Soon will their multitude be put to flight, and they will show their backs.
46. Nay, the Hour (of Judgment) is the time promised them (for their full recompense): and that Hour will be most grievous and most bitter.
47. Truly those in sin are the ones in error and madness.
48. The Day they will be dragged through the Fire on their faces, (they will hear: ) "Taste ye the touch of Hell!"
49. Verily, all things have We created in proportion and measure.
50. And Our Command is but a single (word),- like the twinkling of an eye.
51. And (oft) in the past, have We destroyed gangs like unto you: then is there any that will receive admonition?
52. All that they do is noted in (their) Books (of Deeds):
53. Every matter, small and great, is on record.
54. As to the Righteous, they will be in the midst of Gardens and Rivers,
55. In a sure abode with a Sovereign Omnipotent.

GuLSerbeti

55. The Most Gracious (Ar-Rahmán)

This chapter has 78 verses.

1. The Most Gracious!
2. It is He Who has taught the Qurán.
3. He has created man:
4. He has taught him an intelligent speech.
5. The sun and the moon follow courses (exactly) computed;
6. And the herbs and the trees - both (alike) bow in adoration.
7. And the Firmament has He raised high, and He has set up the Balance (of Justice),
8. In order that ye may not transgress (due) balance.
9. So establish weight with justice and fall not short in the balance.
10. It is He Who has spread out the earth for (His) creatures:
11. Therein is fruit and date-palms, producing spathes (enclosing dates);
12. Also corn, with (its) leaves and stalk for fodder, and sweet-smelling plants.
13. Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
14. He created man from sounding clay like unto pottery,
15. And He created Jinns from fire free of smoke:
16. Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
17. (He is) Lord of the two Easts and Lord of the two Wests:
18. Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
19. He has let free the two Seas, meeting together:
20. Between them is a Barrier which they do not transgress:
21. Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
22. Out of them come Pearls and Coral:
23. Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
24. And His are the Ships sailing smoothly through the seas, lofty as mountains:
25. Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
26. All that is on earth will perish:
27. But will abide (for ever) the Face of thy Lord,- full of Majesty, Bounty and Honor.
28. Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
29. Of Him seeks (its need) every creature in the heavens and on earth: every day in (new) Splendor doth He (shine)!
30. Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
31. Soon shall We settle your affairs, O both ye worlds!
32. Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
33. O ye assembly of Jinns and men! If it be ye can pass beyond the zones of the heavens and the earth, pass ye! not without authority shall ye be able to pass!
34. Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
35. On you will be sent (O ye evil ones twain!) a flame of fire (to burn) and a (flash of) molten brass: no defense will ye have:
36. Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
37. When the sky is rent asunder, and it becomes red like ointment:
38. Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
39. On that Day no question will be asked of man or Jinn as to his sin.
40. Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
41. (For) e48 the sinners will be known by their marks: and they will be seized by their forelocks and their feet.
42. Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
43. This is the Hell which the Sinners deny:
44. In its midst and in the midst of boiling hot water will they wander round!
45. Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
46. But for such as fear the time when they will stand before (the Judgment Seat of) their Lord, there will be two Gardens-
47. Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?-
48. Abounding in branches;-
49. Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?-
50. In them (each) will be two Springs flowing (free);
51. Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?-
52. In them will be Fruits of every kind, two and two.
53. Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
54. They will recline on Carpets, whose inner linings will be of rich brocade: the Fruit of the Gardens will be near (and easy of reach).
55. Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
56. In them will be (Maidens), chaste, restraining their glances, whom no man or Jinn before them has touched;-
57. Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?-
58. Like unto Rubies and Coral.
59. Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
60. Is there any Reward for Good - other than Good?
61. Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
62. And besides these two, there are two other Gardens,-
63. Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?-
64. Dark-green in color (from plentiful watering).
65. Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
66. In them (each) will be two Springs pouring forth water in continuous abundance:
67. Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
68. In them will be Fruits, and dates and pomegranates:
69. Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
70. In them will be fair (Maidens), good, beautiful;-
71. Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?-
72. Maidens restrained (as to their glances), in (goodly) pavilions;-
73. Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?-
74. Whom no man or Jinn before them has touched;-
75. Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?-
76. Reclining on green Cushions and rich Carpets of beauty.
77. Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
78. Blessed be the name of thy Lord, full of Majesty, Bounty and Honor.

GuLSerbeti

56. The Inevitable Event (Al-Wáqiá)

This chapter has 96 verses.

1. When the Event Inevitable cometh to pass,
2. Then will no (soul) deny its coming.
3. (Many) will it bring low; (many) will it exalt;
4. When the earth shall be shaken to its depths,
5. And the mountains shall be crumbled to atoms,
6. Becoming dust scattered abroad,
7. And ye shall be sorted out into three classes.
8. Then (there will be) the Companions of the Right Hand;- What will be the Companions of the Right Hand?
9. And the Companions of the Left Hand,- what will be the Companions of the Left Hand?
10. And those Foremost (in Faith) will be Foremost (in the Hereafter).
11. These will be those Nearest to Allah.
12. In Gardens of Bliss:
13. A number of people from those of old,
14. And a few from those of later times.
15. (They will be) on couches encrusted (with gold and precious stones),
16. Reclining on them, facing each other.
17. Round about them will (serve) youths of perpetual (freshness),
18. With goblets, (shining) beakers, and cups (filled) out of clear-flowing fountains:
19. No after-ache will they receive therefrom, nor will they suffer intoxication:
20. And with fruits, any that they may select:
21. And the flesh of fowls, any that they may desire.
22. And (there will be) Companions with beautiful, big, and lustrous eyes,-
23. Like unto Pearls well-guarded.
24. A Reward for the deeds of their past (life).
25. Not frivolity will they hear therein, nor any mischief,-
26. Only the saying, "Peace! Peace".
27. The Companions of the Right Hand,- What will be the Companions of the Right Hand?
28. (They will be) among Lote-trees without thorns,
29. Among Talh trees with flowers (or fruits) piled one above another,-
30. In shade long-extended,
31. By water flowing constantly,
32. And fruit in abundance.
33. Whose season is not limited, nor (supply) forbidden,
34. And on couches raised high.
35. We have created them of special creation.
36. And made them virgin - pure (and undefiled), -
37. Full of love (for their mates), equal in age,-
38. For the Companions of the Right Hand.
39. A (goodly) number from those of old,
40. And a (goodly) number from those of later times.
41. The Companions of the Left Hand,- What will be the Companions of the Left Hand?
42. (They will be) in the midst of a Fierce Blast of Fire and in Boiling Water,
43. And in the shades of Black Smoke:
44. Neither cool nor refreshing:
45. For that they were wont to be indulged, before that, in sinful luxury,
46. And persisted obstinately in wickedness supreme!
47. And they used to say, "What! when we die and become dust and bones, shall we then indeed be raised up again?-
48. "(We) and our fathers of old?"
49. Say: "Yea, those of old and those of later times,
50. "All will certainly be gathered together for the meeting appointed for a Day well-known.
51. "Then will ye truly,- O ye that go wrong, and treat (Truth) as Falsehood!-
52. "Ye will surely taste of the Tree of Zaqqüm.
53. "Then will ye fill your insides therewith,
54. "And drink Boiling Water on top of it:
55. "Indeed ye shall drink like diseased camels raging with thirst!"
56. Such will be their entertainment on the Day of Requital!
57. It is We Who have created you: why will ye not witness the Truth?
58. Do ye then see?- The (human Seed) that ye emit,-
59. Is it ye who create it, or are We the Creators?
60. We have decreed Death to be your common lot, and We are not to be frustrated
61. From changing your Forms and creating you (again) in (forms) that ye know not.
62. And ye certainly know already the first form of creation: why then do ye not take heed?
63. See ye the seed that ye sow in the ground?
64. Is it ye that cause it to grow, or are We the Cause?
65. Were it Our Will, We could make it broken orts, and ye would be left in wonderment,
66. (Saying), "We are indeed left with debts (for nothing):
67. "Indeed we are deprived"
68. See ye the water which ye drink?
69. Do ye bring it down (in rain) from the cloud or do We?
70. Were it Our Will, We could make it saltish (and unpalatable): then why do ye not give thanks?
71. See ye the Fire which ye kindle?
72. Is it ye who grow the tree which feeds the fire, or do We grow it?
73. We have made it a reminder and an article of comfort and convenience for the denizens of deserts.
74. Then glorify the name of thy Lord, the Supreme!
75. Furthermore I swear by the setting of the Stars,-
76. And that is indeed a mighty adjuration if ye but knew,-
77. That this is indeed a Qurán most honorable,
78. In Book well-guarded,
79. Which none shall touch but those who are clean:
80. A Revelation from the Lord of the Worlds.
81. Is it such a Message that ye would hold in light esteem?
82. And have ye made it your livelihood that ye should declare it false?
83. Then why do ye not (intervene) when (the soul of the dying man) reaches the throat,-
84. And ye the while (sit) looking on,-
85. But We are nearer to him than ye, and yet see not,-
86. Then why do ye not,- if you are exempt from (future) account,-
87. Call back the soul, if ye are true (in the claim of independence)?
88. Thus, then, if he be of those Nearest to Allah,
89. (There is for him) Rest and Satisfaction, and a Garden of Delights.
90. And if he be of the Companions of the R 2c7 ight Hand,
91. (For him is the salutation), "Peace be unto thee", from the Companions of the Right Hand.
92. And if he be of those who deny (the truth), who go wrong,
93. For him is Entertainment with Boiling Water.
94. And burning in Hell-Fire.
95. Verily, this is the Very Truth of assured certainty.
96. So glorify the name of thy Lord, the Supreme.

GuLSerbeti

57. Iron (Al-Hadíd)

This chapter has 29 verses.

1. Whatever is in the heavens and on earth,- declares the Praises and Glory of Allah: for He is the Exalted in Might, the Wise.
2. To Him belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth: it is He Who gives Life and Death; and He has Power over all things.
3. He is the First and the Last, the Evident and the Hidden: and He has full knowledge of all things.
4. He it is Who created the heavens and the earth in six Days, then established Himself on the Throne. He knows what enters within the earth and what comes forth out of it, what comes down from heaven and what mounts up to it. And He is with you wheresoever ye may be. And Allah sees well all that ye do.
5. To Him belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth: and all affairs go back to Allah.
6. He merges Night into Day, and He merges Day into Night; and He has full knowledge of the secrets of (all) hearts.
7. Believe in Allah and His messenger, and spend (in charity) out of the (substance) whereof He has made you heirs. For, those of you who believe and spend (in charity),- for them is a great Reward.
8. How is it with you that you believe not in Allah?- and the Messenger invites you to believe in your Lord, and has indeed taken your Covenant, if ye are men of Faith.
9. He is the One Who sends to His Servant Manifest Signs, that He may lead you from the depths of Darkness into the Light and verily Allah is to you Most Kind and Merciful.
10. How is it with you that you spend not in the cause of Allah?- For to Allah belongs the heritage of the heavens and the earth. Not equal among you are those who spent (freely) and fought, before the Victory, (with those who did so later). Those are higher in rank than those who spent (freely) and fought afterwards. But to all has Allah promised a goodly (reward). And Allah is well acquainted with all that ye do.
11. Who is he that will Loan to Allah a beautiful loan? For (Allah) will increase it manifold to his credit, and he will have (besides) a generous reward.
12. The Day shalt thou see the believing men and the believing women- how their Light runs forward before them and by their right hands: (their greeting will be): "Good News for you this Day! Gardens beneath which flow rivers! to dwell therein for aye! this is indeed the highest Triumph!"
13. The Day will the Hypocrites- men and women - say to the Believers: "Wait for us! Let us borrow (a Light) from your Light!" It will be said: "Turn ye back to your rear! Then seek a light (where ye can)!" So a wall will be put up betwixt them, with a gate therein. Within it will be Mercy throughout, and without it, all alongside, will be (Wrath and) Punishment!
14. (Those without) will call out, "Were we not with you?" (The others) will reply, "True! but ye led yourselves into temptation; ye waited (to our ruin); ye doubted (Allah's Promise); and (your false) desires deceived you; until there issued the Command of Allah. And the Deceiver deceived you in respect of Allah.
15. "This Day shall no ransom be accepted of you, nor of those who rejected Allah." Your abode is the Fire: that is the proper place to claim you: and an evil refuge it is!"
16. Has not the time arrived for the Believers that their hearts in all humility should engage in the remembrance of Allah and of the Truth which has been revealed (to them), and that they should not become like those to whom was given the Book aforetime, but long ages passed over them and their hearts grew hard? For many among them are rebellious transgressors.
17. Know ye (all) that Allah giveth life to the earth after its death! Already have We shown the Signs plainly to you, that ye may understand.
18. For those who give in Charity, men and women, and loan to Allah a Beautiful Loan, it shall be increased manifold (to their credit), and they shall have (besides) a generous reward.
19. And those who believe in Allah and His messengers- they are the Truthful, and the martyrs, in the eye of their Lord: they shall have their Reward and their Light. But those who reject Allah and deny Our Signs,- they are the Companions of Hell-Fire.
20. Know ye (all), that the life of this world is but play and pastime, adornment and mutual boasting and multiplying, (in rivalry) among yourselves, riches and children. Here is a similitude: how rain and the growth which it brings forth, delight (the hearts of) the tillers; soon it withers; thou wilt see it grow yellow; then it becomes dry and crumbles away. But in the Hereafter is a Chastisement severe (for the devotees of wrong). And Forgiveness from Allah and (His) Good Pleasure (for the devotees of Allah). And what is the life of this world, but goods and chattels of deception?
21. Be ye foremost (in seeking) Forgiveness from your Lord, and a Garden (of Bliss), the width whereof is as the width of heaven and earth, prepared for those who believe in Allah and His messengers: that is the Grace of Allah, which He bestows on whom He pleases: and Allah is the Lord of Grace abounding.
22. No misfortune can happen on earth or in your souls but is recorded in a Book before We bring it into existence: That is truly easy for Allah:
23. In order that ye may not despair over matters that pass you by, nor exult over favors bestowed upon you. For Allah loveth not any vainglorious boaster,-
24. Such persons as are covetous and commend covetousness to men. And if any turn back (from Allah's Way), verily Allah is free of all needs, Worthy of all Praise.
25. We sent aforetime our messengers with Clear Signs and sent down with them the Book and the Balance (of Right and Wrong), that men may stand forth in justice; and We sent down Iron, in which is great might, as well as many benefits for mankind, that Allah may test who it is that will help, Unseen, Him and His messengers: For Allah is Full of Strength, Exalted in Might.
26. And We sent Noah and Abraham, and established in their line Prophethood and Revelation: and some of them were on right guidance, but many of them became rebellious transgressors.
27. Then, in their wake, We followed them up with (others of) Our messengers: We sent after them Jesus the son of Mary, and bestowed on him the Gospel; and We ordained in the hearts of those who followed him Compassion and Mercy. But the Monasticism which they invented for themselves, We did not prescribe for them: (We commanded) only the seeking for the Good Pleasure of Allah; but that they did not foster as they should have done. Yet We bestowed, on those among them who believed, their (due) reward, but many of them are rebellious transgressors.
28. O ye that believe! Fear Allah, and believe in His Messenger, and He will bestow on you a double portion of His Mercy: He will provide for you a Light by which ye shall walk (straight in your path), and He will forgive you (your past): for Allah is Oft- Forgiving, Most Merciful.
29. That the People of the Book may know that they have no power whatever 14e over the Grace of Allah, that (His) Grace is (entirely) in His Hand, to bestow it on whomsoever He wills. For Allah is the Lord of Grace abounding.

GuLSerbeti

58. The Woman who Pleads (Al-Mujádala)

This chapter has 22 verses.

1. Allah has indeed heard (and accepted) the statement of the woman who pleads with thee concerning her husband and carries her complaint (in prayer) to Allah: and Allah (always) hears the arguments between both of you: for Allah hears and sees (all things).
2. If any men among you divorce their wives by Zihár (calling them mothers), they cannot be their mothers: None can be their mothers except those who gave them birth. And in fact they use words (both) iniquitous and false: but truly Allah is All-Pardoning, All-Forgiving.
3. But those who pronounce the word Zihár to their wives, then wish to go back on the words they uttered,- (it is ordained that such a one) should free a slave before they touch each other: thus are ye admonished to perform: and Allah is well-acquainted with (all) that ye do.
4. And if any has not (the means), he should fast for two months consecutively before they touch each other. But if any is unable to do so, he should feed sixty indigent ones, this, that ye may show your faith in Allah and His Messenger. Those are limits (set by) Allah. For those who reject (Him), there is a grievous Chastisement.
5. Those who oppose (the Command of) Allah and His Messenger will be humbled to dust, as were those before them: for We have already sent down Clear Signs. And the Unbelievers (will have) a humiliating Chastisement,-
6. On the Day that Allah will raise them all up (again) and tell them of their deeds, Allah has reckoned and which they forgot, for Allah is Witness to all things.
7. Seest thou not that Allah doth know (all) that is in the heavens and on earth? There is not a secret consultation between three, but He is the fourth of them, - nor between five but He is the sixth,- nor between fewer nor more, but He is with them, wheresoever they be: In the end will He tell them what they did on the Day of Judgment. For Allah has full knowledge of all things.
8. Seest thou not those who were forbidden secret counsels yet revert to that which they were forbidden (to do)? And they hold secret counsels among themselves for iniquity and hostility, and disobedience to the Messenger. And when they come to thee, they salute thee, not as Allah salutes thee, (but in crooked ways): and they say to themselves, "Why does not Allah punish us for our words?" Enough for them is Hell: In it will they burn, and evil is that destination!
9. O ye who believe! When ye hold secret counsel, do it not for iniquity and hostility, and disobedience to the Messenger; but do it for righteousness and self- restraint; and fear Allah, to Whom ye shall be brought back.
10. Secret counsels are only (inspired) by Satan, in order that he may cause grief to the Believers; but he cannot harm them in the least, except as Allah permits; and on Allah let the Believers put their trust.
11. O ye who believe! When ye are told to make room in the assemblies, (spread out and) make room: (ample) room will Allah provide for you. And when ye are told to rise up, rise up Allah will rise up, to (suitable) ranks (and degrees), those of you who believe and who have been granted Knowledge. And Allah is well- acquainted with all ye do.
12. O ye who believe! When ye consult the Messenger in private, spend something in charity before your private consultation. That will be best for you, and most conducive to purity ( 9fa of conduct). But if ye find not (the wherewithal), Allah is Oft- Forgiving, Most Merciful.
13. Is it that ye are afraid of spending sums in charity before your private consultation (with him)? If, then, ye do not so, and Allah forgives you, then (at least) establish regular prayer; give Zakat; and obey Allah and His Messenger. And Allah is well-acquainted with all that ye do.
14. Seest thou not those who turn (in friendship) to such as have the Wrath of Allah upon them? They are neither of you nor of them, and they swear to falsehood knowingly.
15. Allah has prepared for them a severe Chastisement: evil indeed are their deeds.
16. They have made their oaths a screen (for their misdeeds): thus they obstruct (men) from the Path of Allah: therefore shall they have a humiliating Chastisement.
17. Of no profit whatever to them, against Allah, will be their riches nor their sons: they will be Companions of the Fire, to dwell therein (for aye)!
18. The Day will Allah raise them all up (for Judgment): then will they swear to Him as they swear to you: and they think that they have something (to stand upon). No, indeed! they are but liars!
19. Satan has got the better of them: so he has made them forget remembrance of Allah. They are the Party of Satan. Truly, it is the Party of Satan that will lose!
20. Those who oppose (the Command of) Allah and His Messenger will be among those most humiliated.
21. Allah has decreed: "It is I and My Messengers who must prevail": for Allah is Strong, Mighty.
22. Thou wilt not find any people who believe in Allah and the Last Day, loving those who oppose Allah and His Messenger, even though they were their fathers or their sons, or their brothers, or their kindred. For such He has written Faith in their hearts, and strengthened them with a spirit from Himself. And He will admit them to Gardens beneath which Rivers flow, to dwell therein (for ever). Allah will be well pleased with them, and they with Him. They are the Party of Allah. Truly it is the Party of Allah that will achieve Success.

GuLSerbeti

59. The Gathering (Al-Hashr)

This chapter has 24 verses.

1. Whatever is in the heavens and on earth, declares the Praises and Glory of Allah: for He is the Exalted in Might, the Wise.
2. It is He Who got out the Unbelievers among the People of the Book from their homes at the first gathering (of the forces). Little did ye think that they would get out: and they thought that their fortresses would defend them from Allah! But the (Wrath of) Allah came to them from quarters from which they little expected (it), and cast terror into their hearts, so that they destroyed their dwellings by their own hands and the hands of the Believers. Take warning, then, O ye with eyes (to see)!
3. And had it not been that Allah had decreed banishment for them, He would certainly have punished them in this world: And in the Hereafter they shall (certainly) have the Punishment of the Fire.
4. That is because they resisted Allah and His Messenger: and if any one resists Allah, verily Allah is severe in Punishment.
5. Whether ye cut down (O ye Muslims!) of the tender palm-trees, or ye left them standing on their roots, it was by leave of Allah, and in order that He might cover with shame the rebellious transgresses.
6. What Allah has bestowed on His Messenger (and taken away) from them - for this ye made no expedition with either cavalry or camelry: but Allah gives power to His messengers over any He pleases: and Allah has power over all things.
7. What Allah has bestowed on His Messenger (and taken away) from the people of the townships,- belongs to Allah,- to His Messenger and to kindred and orphans, the needy and the wayfarer; in order that it may not (merely) make a circuit between the wealthy among you. So take what the Messenger gives you, and refrain from what he prohibits you. And fear Allah: for Allah is strict in Punishment.
8. (Some part is due) to the indigent Muhájirs, those who were expelled from their homes and their property, while seeking Grace from Allah and (His) Good Pleasure, and aiding Allah and His Messenger: such are indeed the truthful:-
9. And those who before them, had homes (in Madinah) and had adopted the Faith,- show their affection to such as came to them for refuge, and entertain no desire in their hearts for things given to the (latter), but give them preference over themselves, even though poverty was their (own lot). And those saved from the covetousness of their own souls,- they are the ones that achieve prosperity.
10. And those who came after them say: "Our Lord! Forgive us, and our brethren who came before us into the Faith, and leave not, in our hearts, rancor (or sense of injury) against those who have believed. Our Lord! Thou art indeed Full of Kindness, Most Merciful."
11. Hast thou not observed the Hypocrites say to their misbelieving brethren among the People of the Book? - "If ye are expelled, we too will go out with you, and we will never hearken to any one in your affair; and if ye are attacked (in fight) we will help you". But Allah is witness that they are indeed liars.
12. If they are expelled, never will they go out with them; and if they are attacked (in fight), they will never help them; and if they do help them, they will turn their backs; so they will receive no help.
13. Of a truth ye arouse greater fear in their hearts than Allah. This is because they are men devoid of understanding. a08
14. They will not fight you (even) together, except in fortified townships, or from behind walls. Strong is their fighting (spirit) amongst themselves: thou wouldst think they were united, but their hearts are divided: that is because they are a people devoid of wisdom.
15. Like those who lately preceded them, they have tasted the evil result of their conduct; and (in the Hereafter there is) for them a grievous Chastisement;-
16. (Their allies deceived them), like Satan when he says to man, "Disbelieve", but when (man) disbelieves, Satan says, "I am free of thee: I do fear Allah, the Lord of the Worlds!"
17. The end of both will be that they will go into the Fire, dwelling therein for ever. Such is the reward of the wrong-doers.
18. O ye who believe! Fear Allah, and let every soul look to what (provision) he has sent forth for the morrow. Yea, fear Allah: for Allah is well-acquainted with (all) that ye do.
19. And be ye not like those who forgot Allah: and He made them forget themselves! Such are the rebellious transgressors!
20. Not equal are the Companions of the Fire and the Companions of the Garden: it is the Companions of the Garden, that will achieve Felicity.
21. Had We sent down this Qurán on a mountain, verily, thou wouldst have seen it humble itself and cleave asunder for fear of Allah. Such are the similitudes which We propound to men, that they may reflect.
22. Allah is He, than Whom there is no other god;- Who knows (all things) both secret and open; He, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
23. Allah is He, than Whom there is no other god;- the Sovereign, the Holy One, the Source of Peace (and Perfection), the Guardian of Faith, the Preserver of Safety, the Exalted in Might, the Irresistible, the justly Proud. Glory to Allah! (High is He) above the partners they attribute to Him.
24. He is Allah, the Creator, the Originator, the Fashioner. To Him belong the Most Beautiful Names: whatever is in the heavens and on earth, doth declare His Praises and Glory: and He is the Exalted in Might, the Wise.

Üst