What are Hadiths ?

GuLSerbeti

What are Hadiths ?

Hadiths are the beautiful teachings and traditions which relate to the words and actions of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)..

Hadiths are regarded as very important tools for determining the ideal Muslim way of life, the Sunnah, the way the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) led his life..

Hadiths are traditionally categorised in 3 different sections:

• Sahih Hadiths (The Best Category, The Most Geniune Hadiths)
  • Hasan (The Middle Category)
  • Da’if (The Weak Hadiths)

The most famous collecters of Hadiths are:
In addition to this, there are about 40 beautiful Hadith Qudsi.

GuLSerbeti

Hadith Qudsi

Hadith Qudsi (or Sacred Hadith) are a sub-category of hadith, which are sayings of ProphetMuhammad (pbuh). Muslims regard the Hadith Qudsi as the words of Allah, repeated by Muhammad (pbuh) and recorded on the condition of an isnad (chain of verification by witness(es) who heard Muhammad (pbuh) say the hadith). At first, there seems to be no reason for distinguishing Qur’anic verses from the verses in the Hadith Qudsi, as both are regarded as directly inspired from God. However, according to as-Sayyid ash-Sharif al-Jurjani, the Hadith Qudsi differ from the Qur’an in that the former were revealed in a dream or through revelation and are “expressed in Muhammad’s words“, whereas the latter are the “direct words of God“.

Hence, Hadith Qudsi rank as a source of Islamic knowledge below the Qur’an but above all other hadiths. A well-known text among Muslims is the 40 Hadith Qudsi.

An example of a Hadith Qudsi is:

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (radi Allahu ‘anhu), who said that the Messenger of God said:
When God decreed the Creation He pledged Himself by writing in His book which is laid down with Him: My mercy prevails over My wrath.”
(Related by Muslim, and by al-Bukhari, an-Nasa’i and Ibn Majah)

Üst